Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I guess at the Eurobike show next week only the IA10 and IA14 and not the IA16?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the only aero data we have on the Felt IA so far? I am assuming the IA 10 will be very similar to that.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [siemons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
siemons wrote:
So, I guess at the Eurobike show next week only the IA10 and IA14 and not the IA16?

No, Felt does not plan to display bicycles at Eurobike. I'll be there though with my laptop if you'd like to see some photos, sketches and review some of the data. The best place to be September 1st will be http://www.feltbicycles.com when the complete details of the available IA models and colors will be revealed.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahillock wrote:
Is this the only aero data we have on the Felt IA so far? I am assuming the IA 10 will be very similar to that.

I think it is possible that the IA-x (all versions) could have ever so slightly less drag under +/-10 degrees depending on front brake caliper and base bar selection but almost certainly higher drag from +/- (10-20).
-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap! Am I reading it right that the DA is almost 100 grams slower at all angles to basically all of those bikes? What was used as a baseline? I am just shaking my head at how much time I am losing with that bike now!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Holy crap! Am I reading it right that the DA is almost 100 grams slower at all angles to basically all of those bikes? What was used as a baseline? I am just shaking my head at how much time I am losing with that bike now!

Yes, but that is with UCI legal trim. You can add the front triangle and battery fairings and reduce those drag numbers but nothing will overcome the lack of high-lift foils that are limited by the 3:1 UCI rules at higher yaw values.

-SD
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Wil@Felt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wil@Felt wrote:
burninglegs wrote:
trentnix wrote:
metcalf34 wrote:
Any idea on a ship date????
I read December on the IA10 and IA14, and January on the IA16.

FYI - Felt has not decided, according to what I was told last Friday, whether or not the IA10 frameset will be available for purchase.

SuperDave or anyone else, is this timeline still fairly safe to go off of? What about the frameset? Slowman made it sound like the frameset would be sold. Hope that is still the case.

IA10 and IA14 both currently have mid October ETAs in the US. The IA16 is currently slated to be a Euro only offering and Jan is still the latest ETA that I am aware of, but I am in our US offices and do not have the latest info on EU arrivals

Euro only? Come on. Bring it to the USA. Why can't we have nice things here too? No IA10 frameset. No IA16. That is hard to take. Rough day today, not to mention needing to go hammer some Z1/Z2 intervals when I get home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh that makes sense. I need to buy the battery cover hardware. I have the cover but lost the hardware in my move so I can't put it on the bike!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this statement imply that the color schemes of the IA10 and IA14 might be different than the photos we've seen so far or am I just reading into your comment too much?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IA10 and IA14 graphic will appear as you've already seen.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, thanks for your help a while back with my felt f1 pr bottom bracket questions. Your solution has been a success. As for the ia 10 and 14 will there be a frameset available for this line? Also, will it be able to run a mechanical groupset instead of electric?

Thanks. Brooks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [brooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brooks wrote:
Dave, thanks for your help a while back with my felt f1 pr bottom bracket questions. Your solution has been a success. As for the ia 10 and 14 will there be a frameset available for this line? Also, will it be able to run a mechanical groupset instead of electric?

Thanks. Brooks

There is an IA10 frameset in development. It will be some time before bicycle production catches up with demand and bicycles will remain a higher priority for our consumers and dealers than frameset sales thus each frameset made will be outfitted with a complete range of functioning components rather than being sold alone.
The IA10 and IA14 frames are identical from a cable management standpoint. Like the IA produced now they are all compatible with electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic shifting systems.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave
Any chance Felt will produce a seat tube storage box or are they really just going to have the bolts there and leave the box for someone else to develop? I see QR jumped on the bandwagon and has now produced one for their PRsix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can you buy a IA now days in Texas? No inventory anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [keqwow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave has hinted toward accessories coming to enhance the integration of the IA. Please make a draft box!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, is Felt planning to display the new IA at Interbike?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:

2015 models sold extremely well, so it's possible that none of your local dealers have any available. Unfortunately we cannot see their inventory, so the best bet is to contact dealers directly. We have very limited availability of models/sizes in stock in our US warehouse.

ETA on new IAs is mid-Sept to late-Oct depending on the model.

Quote | Reply
Are you guys going to be designing a draft box for the new IAs or leaving that up to companies like XLAB or Torhans?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 27, 15 10:14
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [Wil@Felt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wil@Felt wrote:
3Aims wrote:

2015 models sold extremely well, so it's possible that none of your local dealers have any available. Unfortunately we cannot see their inventory, so the best bet is to contact dealers directly. We have very limited availability of models/sizes in stock in our US warehouse.

ETA on new IAs is mid-Sept to late-Oct depending on the model.

Thanks. That's what I'm being told regarding 2016s.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Are you guys going to be designing a draft box for the new IAs or leaving that up to companies like XLAB or Torhans?

Superdave...eager minds want to know :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Superdave,

I see the new IA models are officially out on the website!

For the IA1 frameset option, you will need to change the finish options.. I thought it came in 4 color options and then i looked in the IA FRD page which actually reads the same so should be a description error:

"Matte Carbon (Charcoal, Fluoro Blue, Red, White)"

I had my IA1 frameset ordered a week or two ago in Hong Kong, to be honest I really like the new finish a lot more than the previous year..!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by trimule [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:

The IA10 and IA14 frames are identical from a cable management standpoint. Like the IA produced now they are all compatible with electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic shifting systems.

What about the IA16? will it be Di2 compatible and feature batpac?

Sr. Salitre
Last edited by: FranR: Aug 28, 15 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at the website information and fit calculator, I see both alloy and carbon aerobar options for the new IAs, and apparently geometries are different... can you please confirm, and share the reasons for this?

Edit: my bet is the IA16 will have different geometry, along with alloy bars to keep cost low. A modified frame is the best reason I can imagine for the release delay. My biggest guess in that case would be Di2 compatbility.

Also, can you provide an explanation to the color code for fit reccomendations in the calculator? I get Best/Great/OK optios, but having solutions color coded in each category is confusing...

Definitely into buying one of these, and trying to iron out the details...

Thanks, I think you guys provide great support here!

Sr. Salitre
Last edited by: FranR: Aug 28, 15 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any plans to make a 61cm IA? Us tall guys want a super bike too!
Quote Reply

Prev Next