Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jesse@thr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jesse@thr wrote:
Spokesman wrote:
Here is mine if you missed my initial post. Still needs some tweaking,race wheels and other small things.

That's a beauty - which Shiv model is it?

I'm not sure, but I think it is the S-Works...just saying'...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my Pro frameset last week, about 7-10 days late, which was alot sooner than I was really expecting. I'd bet your comp is pretty close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NewbieTri100 wrote:
I spoke with a Specialized rep last Thursday. He said the first Comps should arrive this week (Specifically, Feb 6th or 7th).

However, today's the 8th and I'm still waiting for a call from the bike shop.

Ok, this is somewhat good news. How do I get in touch with a Specialized rep? I was hoping they would respond to this post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jesse@thr wrote:
NewbieTri100 wrote:
I spoke with a Specialized rep last Thursday. He said the first Comps should arrive this week (Specifically, Feb 6th or 7th).

However, today's the 8th and I'm still waiting for a call from the bike shop.

Ok, this is somewhat good news. How do I get in touch with a Specialized rep? I was hoping they would respond to this post.

I met the Specialized rep while attending a season "kickoff" event at my LBS. Reps from Trek, Specialed, and some other vendors were there. My LBS is the largest Specialized dealer in Texas so will get them first (according to him).

However, as I mentioned previously, he said the bike would be here on Monday or Tuesday. It's Wednesday so there must be a delay or he didn't know what he was talking about. Hopefully, there is just a slight (very slight) delay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NewbieTri100 wrote:
However, as I mentioned previously, he said the bike would be here on Monday or Tuesday. It's Wednesday so there must be a delay or he didn't know what he was talking about. Hopefully, there is just a slight (very slight) delay

Cool - sounds close. Let me know when you get the call!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still waiting my Shiv Pro XL. I'm from Canada.

Do you think it's normal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jesse@thr wrote:
NewbieTri100 wrote:

Cool - sounds close. Let me know when you get the call!

Received a text from the rep and now he's saying the Comp will be here at the end of the month. Quit teasing me!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

Just wondering when the side clamp rails for carbon saddles will be available? I've got an expert but want to chop some weight out and plan to do some of it through the saddle.

Cheers

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Leghorn11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those carbon rail saddle clamps are available as an aftermarket part. Just the outer plates need to be changed for the carbon rails. The inners stay the same and are compatible with both.

We sold through our first stock very quickly. I don't have current info on when the next shipment will be in. Until then you can track down a SW or Pro Shiv customer who isn't using a carbon railed saddle and negotiate his or her hardware -- each of the SW and Pro models come with both seatposts, one with carbon railed hardware and one with alloy railed hardware so you can pick the seatpost offset you need and the saddle hardware you need.

Hope you're enjoying the new bike!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the super quick reply Mark. I have just ordered some today, they came in red which is perfect for my colour scheme. Adds a little bling. Once again, appreciate your efforts.

- Leghorn -
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Leghorn11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually made my decision to order a Shiv Expert on Monday. I was told that it would not be available until the end of February or early March, which I was fine with.
My LBS (Toga Bikes-NY) called me yesterday and told me that the bike has arrived at Specialized and will be available at the shop by the end of the week.

Now, I just need to sell my Kestrel to help pay for the Shiv!!

I'm very excited...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [IVcoops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
posted, this in another shiv thread, but no replies.
---

anyone have a review of the water bladder?

my experience has been less than stellar. hard to get in correctly (maybe i didn't even get it in right). once in, i couldn't even suck air through it because it was too compressed. also could only fit a few oz of water in because it was all compress. when i pulled it out and filled it with water and sucked on it, the flow was very low - much lower than a normal camel pack... meh. maybe its user error, so looking for other experiences.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm...
No disrespect to the boys at specialized and if any one could help me out here, I put the deposit down in mid december for a pro model.

"Where the F*ck is my Shiv Dammit?!"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem getting the bladder in. Just make sure that the hose is threaded through the sleeve on the side of the bladder, this makes a big difference. On using it, jury is out. It doesnt work like a camelback under pressure, so you have to suck the liquid all the way up. I'll use mine a bit in training and possibly for longer races, but for Sprint and Olympic will stay with the bottle between the arms. Regardless its a speed machine! I'll post some pictures...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Timbo293] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timbo293 wrote:
Hmm...
No disrespect to the boys at specialized and if any one could help me out here, I put the deposit down in mid december for a pro model.

"Where the F*ck is my Shiv Dammit?!"

No disrespect? Weren't you told that these bikes were not available until February/March? Are your expectations with delivery aligned with delivery dates? I too, put a deposit down, but knew that the delivery was months away. Not sure where you live, but are you even able to ride it outside? I live in the Northeast, so I don't need a Shiv to ride on the trainer!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got back from a training camp in AZ and rode with a bunch of guys on Trek SC's. Needless to say, the trip made me realize my Felt B12 isn't going to cut it anymore. I rode the previous model Shiv and actually loved it so I think I'm going with the Shiv but am a bit naive. Can someone help me understand what the stiffer carbon will do if I decide to purchase the Shiv module rather than the Shiv pro? Are there other differences that I'm missing with the frameset?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jenkinsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be surprised if you could tell a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received my S-works Shiv (M) about 2 weeks ago after putting it on order in mid-Nov. I have finally gotten it put it together and am taking for it's maiden voyage tonight, too bad it will be on the trainer. I wasn't promised any timeline and I was just glad to have it this fast. It took last years Shiv TT a lot longer to arrive for some of my Teammates.

http://www.teamfexy.com
http://www.fexycoaching.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Shiv Comp.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did your bike come in? I ordered mine in November. What size? I heard that some of the sizes (Medium and Large) will be shipped earlier than others. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get a call from the LBS.

I'm jealous!!!

Philosoraptor wrote:
My Shiv Comp.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Came in a couple of weeks ago. I just picked it up this week. It's a size small. Regarding delivery dates, I am in Australia so they might be rushing orders through because we are nearing the end of tri season here and there are some big races coming up soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in australia as well. I have two sizes coming - XL and L.

My LBS rang today and said the XL will be here on Tuesday and the L will be here the following Monday.

I will look at both and have a fitting done and take whichever fits me.

I have been waiting 4 months. They call me Mr Patient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
Came in a couple of weeks ago. I just picked it up this week. It's a size small. Regarding delivery dates, I am in Australia so they might be rushing orders through because we are nearing the end of tri season here and there are some big races coming up soon.

Has anyone in the US taken delivery of a Shiv Comp yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I placed a special order for a Comp Rival through my LBS in December.

When I placed my order, the LBS said the bike would arrive by February at the latest.

Today the LBS said my bike will not arrive until April.

According to the LBS, Specialized was having some manufacturing issues that have now been worked out.

I'm disappointed that I won't have my bike for some of my early-season races.

K_Man
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [K_Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K_Man wrote:
I placed a special order for a Comp Rival through my LBS in December.

When I placed my order, the LBS said the bike would arrive by February at the latest.

Today the LBS said my bike will not arrive until April.

According to the LBS, Specialized was having some manufacturing issues that have now been worked out.

I'm disappointed that I won't have my bike for some of my early-season races.

K_Man

I sent a text to the Specialized rep regarding the delivery date of my Comp Rival. He now says mid March. My LBS says within the next few weeks which is consistent with the rep. Frankly, I don't think anyone knows for sure! I just want my bike before the HIM on April 1st. The clock is ticking....
Quote Reply

Prev Next