Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Rolldown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I could get a visa to go there looks like a beautiful place. Did Obama lift that trade - travel embargo thing been working out to much to take notice. I would say next time you go get me a Cohiba but I dont smoke that and the fact that I dont know you. LOL :)

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
today has been kind of a lazy day, just didn't feel like getting outside. I know I am spoiled by our California weather, I admit that. Problem was it was real windy today and I do most of my runs along the pacific and the gusts were up to 25mph. So instead I headed over to the trails through the Eucalyptus Grove a mile away and did hill repeats instead. That worked out perfect, shielded from the wind and got a good workout in. 12 x 1 minute repeats, 1000ft total climbing for the run, but only 3 miles total covered in 36 minutes.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you. My run today was really windy, and here in Arizona it was a blustery
65. With windchill the temps dropped down to 65.

I'm not sure I could keep this up if the weather stayed like this.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My morning 14km was on an icy trail through Kelowna in minus 10C weather, so to both you and gameboth I say a very respectful "get bent"

;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fun foot issues. Combination of new insoles and thick cold-weather socks have given me a matched set of heel blisters. Also, toenails have once again started to form miniature versions of these:

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey girls !!

I just ran twice by -4 Fahrenheit with windshield effect here in Ottawa over the last week ...
About -20 celsius ...
And so is Dev Paul, KonaExpress and a all bunch of us

you guys are funny ;) ... pfffff 65 !!

Oli
The Belgian in Ottawa
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Olivier Mouyau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran 6.35 miles on treadmill 45 minutes. Then did 1000 meters in pool 16 min.22 sec. Would have swam longer but have to work sometime. Last nites run almost got ran over by a suv (cj) that made a rolled through a stop sign. They got a nice slap on driver side rear window. Did not want to actually dent or break window. had front and rear blinking light and dressed with a neon yellow spongebob hat and canari neon bike jacket so no exscuse for not seeing me. Other then not to expect a runner in 22 degree weather at 7:30 p.m. on a tuesday nite on the street. On a brighter note this morning at 4:45 a.m. I found 2- $25 movie cards on ground at wawa parking lot. Gave to clerk and told him I fond on ground. Guess who is going to movies probably the clerk. Oh well I feel good.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Olivier Mouyau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I did not run in minus 20 C yesterday. I decided that I wanted to do a computrainer workout instead. Since I do several hard workouts in the cold over the winter, every now and then, doing something indoors seems to be good for my lungs and breathing in general....and as you know, my bike legs need to be ready early this year for the mountains of the Nice course. I think I already need a trip to Cuba like Rolldown, and we're only 2 weeks into the real cold ! Now trying to decide if I will ski first or run first today. The roads are all covered with snow, so I may just ski first and come around to running before dinner time. I am currently down at 175th place in the "standings" but am getting my target mileage in (56 K per week).

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hear you. My run today was really windy, and here in Arizona it was a blustery
65. With windchill the temps dropped down to 65.

I'm not sure I could keep this up if the weather stayed like this.

-Jot

I'm not gonna mention the cold here in Boston, it's bad and there's a ton of snow on the ground but it still pales in comparison to some people. That said, it's amazing how perceptions change depending on the weather we encounter. If it were 65 today I'd be out in shorts and a tanktop and I consider that right on the verge of being hot for running--anything over 70 is warm for me. So while we northern folk have to deal with some brutal winters I'm sure the 100+ degree days in Arizona are no cakewalk either.

All that said, though, I kinda agree with the other guy: 'get bent' ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Around here we make sure to brag about this a lot in the winter.

Because we're never bragging about 110+ when we have to run in the summer. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm not gonna mention the cold here in Boston, it's bad and there's a ton of snow on the ground but it still pales in comparison to some people."

Gotta say, they've been doing a much better job the last 2 years of clearing the Esplanade of snow here in Boston. I did Watertown/Museum of Science on Monday and while there were some drifty stuff in places it was pretty decent for the most part. Yesterday I did a few laps around Fresh Pond right at sunset and it was beautiful, really should start bringing a camera.

Here is some local knowledge for all you Boston peeps: If you are doing loops around the Charles, if you come across the Mass Ave Bridge from Boston to Cambridge, and take a right, the first building you come to on the water is MIT's sailing pavilion. Across Memorial Drive from that is a big building with columns that is open 24/7/365, and there are bathrooms in the basement. Here is a pic of the building:

Additionally, back up on the first floor is one of the best dive bars in Boston called the Muddy Charles, a great place for a post run beverage:

http://web.mit.edu/muddy/
Last edited by: kdw: Dec 23, 09 21:39
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KDW, thanks for the heads up. I actually run the Charles all the time--I've been a baby recently, doing almost everything on the treadmill--but when I run outside it's Watertown down however many bridges I need to get my planned distance in. That's a great tip about the bathrooms, I'll definitely keep it in mind if I get into trouble on my longer runs.

Completely agreed about the clearing of snow, it's definitely noticeable how much better they've gotten over the past few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest day today.

The Gluteus Medius has spoken.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps the rolling through the stop sign was intentional upon viewing of the spongebpob hat?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
KDW, thanks for the heads up. I actually run the Charles all the time--I've been a baby recently, doing almost everything on the treadmill--but when I run outside it's Watertown down however many bridges I need to get my planned distance in. That's a great tip about the bathrooms, I'll definitely keep it in mind if I get into trouble on my longer runs.

Completely agreed about the clearing of snow, it's definitely noticeable how much better they've gotten over the past few years.

I just got back from a run around there. Went through Watertown Square and then up the Boston side of the river to Harvard Square. It wasn't good from Watertown to North Beacon street but after that it was very very good. I was just thinking how much better a job they seemed to have done for this storm.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just might have been Vincent. After they kept going I noticed the brake lights come on two or three times for no reason. Think they thought about coming back. Either that or they thought I stuck my tongue out at them through my big buck teeth. Spongebobs of course. Even thought about catching up to them but it was a recovery run. LOL

Quote | Reply
Run #8 done.

Run #23 of my current streak. Whoot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My current run streak sits at one run. Off to ski now, so we'll see if this streak get broken later today or not :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoot! What is that for! (-:
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I do ~90% of my runs around the Charles Rivah. Figured I'd share some of what the poor souls from warmer climes are missing:

Oh, wait, wrong shot. Yesterday looked like:

At first, I thought maybe there weren't many people around because all the students have left the city, or maybe that it was 20 degrees with 25 mph winds, but then I looked over my shoulder and realized why people kept sprinting past me with terrified expressions on their faces:

On a positive note, 7 weeks 'til pitchers and catchers report...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pic . I live out in the country. On my run yesterday
I saw 2 cars and about 30 turkey. A red tail hawk got a nice size rabbit. I don't know how you run in the city.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xmas came early. I got my gift unplanned 50K XC ski and because of this challenge tacked on a 7K transition run. Original plan was to do 35+7, but met up with some old friends and kept going and going and going. Nice to be just a month+ out from race fitness (Clearwater) and be able to pull that workout off (3:40 total). Pretty cooked now, but should have pre burned the upcoming calorie intake from the next 36 hours!

Kdw, nice pics. You on deck for Mooseman?

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice day! I'm looking at beautiful clear skys but a temp of 30*F. Brrr.....

I'll get out there, just waiting for it to go up another degree or two.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely a good day, especially when it was somewhat unplanned and I pretty well had carte blanche to train all morning and return home mid afternoon as my wife was picking up family members from the airport and then heading to lunch!

Can't believe Mike Plumb hit 20 runs today!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neither can I, and not be injured. BUt the legs are holding up well. Just getting ready to head downtown to a fnacy hotel for the night. Hopefully while the GF is getting the spa treatment this afternoon I can squeeze another run and maybe even a swim in.

Merry Christmas!!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next