Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rapp is working for Zwift!
Quote | Reply
https://instagram.com/p/BZNIaatAeL1/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Nearly fell out of my chair when he said he was going to be a "game designer" - definitely didn't expect that. Love it, congrats Rappstar. Looking forward to hearing whether the structure does lead to better training and results.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully Rap sees this because I have a suggestion: a scavenger hunt game mode for Zwift. They'll need to design a course with intersections where you can click something to turn. Drop items on the map at random. The items could either just be tokens of random value or they could be "power ups" for your in-game bike that allow your in-game bike to go faster for a given power input. At the end of the "round" or "ride" or however you want to delineate things, you'll be given the chance to "spin" for some sort of a reward like a coupon code (which would give Zwift a chance to sell some in-game advertising).
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Hopefully Rap sees this because I have a suggestion: a scavenger hunt game mode for Zwift. They'll need to design a course with intersections where you can click something to turn. Drop items on the map at random. The items could either just be tokens of random value or they could be "power ups" for your in-game bike that allow your in-game bike to go faster for a given power input. At the end of the "round" or "ride" or however you want to delineate things, you'll be given the chance to "spin" for some sort of a reward like a coupon code (which would give Zwift a chance to sell some in-game advertising).

That is exactly how Zwift started, shown back on this forum back in 2011-2012 time frame....you rode around and collected items that appeared randomly through the map. We've got something in the works thats fun like that for those who want to mix things up.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [jmX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

That is exactly how Zwift started, shown back on this forum back in 2011-2012 time frame....you rode around and collected items that appeared randomly through the map. We've got something in the works thats fun like that for those who want to mix things up.

Sounds awesome!

Talking of small fun things, i really hope you are looking to add more achivements, not just 2-3 when you do a new expansion (like volcano), but there are so many options: "ride all roads on watopia", "ride all rodes on all 3 maps", beat a PR, "do this" "do that", something fun to work at while the missions (everest italy california), are more of a background thing. Maybe also tidy up the achievements, would be nice to be able to see all those we dont have (including extra credits and the new running ones). And specify some of them e.g. the 14 laps /14 days, what is meant by a lap really.

Anyway updates looks awesome, cant wait for group workouts either!
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did just add a big pile of achievements for Running, and we've got a list of 15 ideas for new cycling ones. I think you're probably right that its time for a few more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmX wrote:
We did just add a big pile of achievements for Running, and we've got a list of 15 ideas for new cycling ones. I think you're probably right that its time for a few more.

That's awesome to hear! Thanks for responding. Yeah i was curios about the running ones, is it on purpose they are not visible so you know what to aim for? I also tried entering zwift as a runner, but still could not see them. Anyway keep up the good work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is he still working as an independent contractor for zipp? What about the athlete/engineer relationship he mentioned when he went to Diamondback? Just curious if he's now working for 3 separate companies...

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
So is he still working as an independent contractor for zipp? What about the athlete/engineer relationship he mentioned when he went to Diamondback? Just curious if he's now working for 3 separate companies...

4, don't forget ST

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really hope its going to be like Mario Kart. I'd love to throw turtle shells at people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Good on him! Didn't realise he had 4 kids to support..........
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road Rash

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very excited. Huge thank you to Jon Mayfield (jmX on here // the creator of Zwift and my new boss) for giving me this opportunity. Having not even started work yet, I'm not sure what it will mean for other areas of my life, but I'm very optimistic on all fronts. As I said in my longer blog post about this - https://rappstar.com/2017/09/18/ride-on/

Quote:
I’m excited to start this job and excited to train and race. I have a truly special opportunity to marry my passion for triathlon with my passion for technology that also allows me to carry on as a world class athlete. What more could I ask for?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Very excited. Huge thank you to Jon Mayfield (jmX on here // the creator of Zwift and my new boss) for giving me this opportunity. Having not even started work yet, I'm not sure what it will mean for other areas of my life, but I'm very optimistic on all fronts. As I said in my longer blog post about this - https://rappstar.com/2017/09/18/ride-on/

Quote:
I’m excited to start this job and excited to train and race. I have a truly special opportunity to marry my passion for triathlon with my passion for technology that also allows me to carry on as a world class athlete. What more could I ask for?

Congratulations Jordan. I'm sure you'll make Zwift an even more enjoyable experience than it already is, to the extend that riding your bicycle inside can be an enjoyable experience :-)

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A user manual might be good. I just ride and go where it takes me and I never seem to be able to finish a loop. I'm on a course, the timer is going and then I'm riding a different way without doing anything. Still a good workout, but a manual could make it a lot more fun.

Us "older" generation have issues with technology.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
A user manual might be good. I just ride and go where it takes me and I never seem to be able to finish a loop. I'm on a course, the timer is going and then I'm riding a different way without doing anything. Still a good workout, but a manual could make it a lot more fun.

Yep - a hotkey for a map (especially on Watopia and to a lesser extend in London) and a hotkey (F1?) to give help on hotkeys would be awesome.

There is a bunch of help on the website already BTW, but I find it hard to find and navigate. And I don't think I have issues with technology, despite being "older".

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! It is great to see the continued investment in the program. There are some fundamental areas of need to be sure, but I appreciate the bottom up, incremental development philosophy that has been put in. Zwift has also climbed to #3 on my "most hours played" list for games at 85 hours (trailing only DoTA 2 and Witcher 3), which isn't bad considering I just started subscribing in May. Race participation has skyrocketed the last few weeks as the weather turns, and it will be interesting to see how large races will get; there was a KISS Europe race last week that had 324 (!) finishers.

My only concern (which I see no evidence of materializing) is that an ambitious monetization strategy will lead to either purchasable powerups or a tiered subscription model requiring additional payment for access to features such as racing. As is, however, I really credit the program with driving me to get back into endurance athletics, and would pay twice the current subscription fee if prices increased. Also, please keep the Tron bike challenge until I complete it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they're on the right track with the mini-map in the upper right now, but the elevation grade is a little hard to read now.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Road Rash
Personally, I was partial to the chain.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

Agreed on this, though there are some pretty good user-created reference guides out there. Check out ZwiftBlog and the Unofficial Zwift User Manual (which is a little out of date). You can choose specific routes from the launch menu (right before you start riding), and the program will take care of all of the turns along that route. It sounds like you might be doing the "just ride" mode?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on Mario Kart idea! ie 10 minute race, 10 people, jumps etc where you would need to hit a certain W/kg x 30 seconds to clear the jump.
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift updates their sw to work with a Velotron

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Rapp is working for Zwift! [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vincible wrote:
Morelock wrote:
Road Rash

Personally, I was partial to the chain.

One of the best games evah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

No matter how good an athlete one is, I am surprised anyone would want him after what he did to Dimond. He is much more of a risk than a benefit.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
I really hope its going to be like Mario Kart. I'd love to throw turtle shells at people.

I'd be ok with this
Quote Reply

Prev Next