Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Racing for the Make-A-Wish Foundation
Quote | Reply
Greetings friends Slowtwitchland.

As some of you know,I started an organization last year to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. One thing led to another, and by the end of last year, 21 triathletes representing 18 regional chapters of the Make-A-Wish Foundation participated in the IronWishes program. Overall, we raised about $40,000 as a team and we granted the wish for several children. So far this year we have about 25 IronWishes team members, some doing Ironmans, some doing Sprints, some in between. All triathletes are welcome.

As a result of our success last year, the National HQ of the Make-A-Wish Foundation decided to take our little program and spin it out nationally to all of the regional chapters of the Foundation. This is a great validation of the work over the past year of all of our team members, MANY of whom are regular slowtwitchers.

The press release from the Make-A-Wish Foundation national HQ can be found at: http://ironwishes.org/text/pressrelease.pdf

With the expanded nature of the program come a few new, key benefits:

1. It's now much easier to sign up and get started.

2. Some great tri companies are sponsoring the program. For example, IronWishes participants can win a set of free Zipp wheels, courtesy of Zipp, or they can get $250 off the purchase of a TitanFlex bike. More promotions for team members are in the works.

3. We got some very cool tri gear designed and is available (jerseys, singlets, shorts, racing suite, etc...

If you are interested in helping raise money for your local chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, please let me know. Information about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, IronWishes, how to sign up for the program are at the new website, www.ironwishes.org.

Swim. Bike. Run. MAKE A DIFFERENCE. It's easy to do and it makes a huge difference in the life of a deserving child.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing for the Make-A-Wish Foundation [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve,

Thanks for your post - I immediately went to the website, got more information and contacted my local chapter. I'll be doing Ironman Wisconsin as a member of the Ironwishes team. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing for the Make-A-Wish Foundation [Ken Foster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great Ken. I shot you an email with a few other details. Welcome aboard. I hope you find helping the Make A Wish kids a satisfying part of your triathlon experience. Winning the Zipp wheels would be nice also, no?
Later
Quote Reply