Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race tires vs all-around
Quote | Reply
I know there's the dreaded "depends on the wheel" but as far as stock Felt wheels go what is people's opinion on having race specific (maybe Super Sonics) tires vs all around (Conti GP's 4k's)? Is it worth the extra cost? Would probably go with something cheap or bombproof as a training tire.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires vs all-around [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since you're talking "stock" wheels, can't go wrong with GP 4000s for all 'round performance/training tires - stick with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires vs all-around [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
Since you're talking "stock" wheels, can't go wrong with GP 4000s for all 'round performance/training tires - stick with them.

Agree. I've had no issues with them and I always have two sets. I make sure to get them on sale. I use one for training and one for racing. I have some old Vittoria tires that came with my bike and those things just wear out fast
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires vs all-around [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GP4KS2 tires are both and. They are nearly perfect. Buy a set, and ride them everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires vs all-around [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
GP4KS2 tires are both and. They are nearly perfect. Buy a set, and ride them everywhere.
+1. Give up a couple watts to the fastest tires and get some flat protection and a tire that will last all season long.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tires vs all-around [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:

I've yet to find a reason after almost 4 years now, not to use these for race tires, rotate front to rear, then rear to training wheel. Then ride it until it gets damaged or worn out. I usually get a sidewall cut or severe puncture before they wear out. Noise levels are ow and wear are excellent on the trainer too.

I even leave the latex tubes in them and just keep adding more sealant. But the time they are onto a training rim, the volume of sealant slows pressure losses considerably.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply