Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race shoe help Brooks Ghost = ?
Quote | Reply
Alright ST I am need of your expertise. Currently run in Brooks Ghost 7 and have been in them since the 2 came out. Looking for something with similar drop but lighter for half marathon distance. I am 6 feet and weigh 160-165. Run probably under 1:35, so not fast by any means. Something that drains well would be a plus, I sweat ALOT, Ha! Basically, want to have a bit of an idea of what to keep an eye out for. I don't live near a big town with lots of stores to go try shoes on.
Quote Reply
Re: Race shoe help Brooks Ghost = ? [ForceFed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run my longer runs in the Ghost 7 and I love the Books PureFlow for runs in the 10k-13.1 mi range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the Saucony Ride7, Kinvara 5 and Cortana 3 a try as well as the Brooks Pureflow and Pureconnect.
Quote Reply
Re: Race shoe help Brooks Ghost = ? [ekrub10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same here, ghost for long runs, pureflow for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ForceFed wrote:
Alright ST I am need of your expertise. Currently run in Brooks Ghost 7 and have been in them since the 2 came out. Looking for something with similar drop but lighter for half marathon distance. I am 6 feet and weigh 160-165. Run probably under 1:35, so not fast by any means. Something that drains well would be a plus, I sweat ALOT, Ha! Basically, want to have a bit of an idea of what to keep an eye out for. I don't live near a big town with lots of stores to go try shoes on.

Hoka Clifton, has it all, smaller drop (4mm) but nothing you'll need to worry about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another Ghost and Pureflow runner here. Although, I'll race any distance in the Pureflow and sometimes wear the Ghost for shorter runs in training. Can't speak to the draining qualities of the Flow's but I don't get soggy socks in them, as compared to Hoka's, for instance. Perhaps it's the ventilation? They also won't have as much drop and certainly feel like less shoe than Ghost's (shocking, I know).
Quote Reply
Re: Race shoe help Brooks Ghost = ? [mossym] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up, been looking for discounted pure flow 3's since they've come out and just got a pair on eBay today for $59. A number of sizes still available
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do a little speed work to help with your time. Finding a shoe that won't leave you blistered, limping or generally miserable is awesome... Leave that part alone.

J

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Race shoe help Brooks Ghost = ? [ekrub10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks! I just ordered a pair of the pure flow 3's off of ebay. On the blister issue, I have not had a blister in 20 years of running (since high school track). Multiple IM's even really hot IMLou with sloshing shoes. Main reason is I am not fast enough to create a hot spot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Launch
Quote Reply