Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race plan following a crash
Quote | Reply
I'm all signed up for IMWI. I was one slot last year from KQ at IMWI. Based on my training so far, I would be in much better shape this year. However, I went over my handlebars yesterday going 25 mph. I hit the pavement very hard where they were doing construction. The only sign was "bump" sign so I was prepared for this but not the rough road. I'm banged up pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I have broken ribs or bruised, shoulder is sore, road rash, etc. I obviously can't train very well I'm assuming for the next 2 weeks or so (I'm guessing here). Ironman has that North American transfer program. Do I just transfer now or give it a week? The two races that are open are IMLou and IMFL. I'm afraid if I wait too long IMFL will sell out.
Quote Reply
Re: Race plan following a crash [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too.
IMWI trying to KQ
Crashed Sunday during 70.3
Nothing broken, lots of very irritating road rash. 4 days before the shower was no longer a torture chamber. My coach keeps telling me to relax and heal. He feels it's not too late for IMWI. You sound like you carry a high level of fitness, as do I, maybe the rest will do us good. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Race plan following a crash [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The road rash is not even bothering me at this point. It sounds like your ribs are fine. I'm in serious pain with my ribs. I'm probably in worse condition than you based off of what you wrote. Rest is probably good for me since I don't do enough of it. But I'll lose way too much just in a week or two to make IMWI worth it. It looks like ribs take a good 4 weeks to be back to any kind of serious training. Florida might be a better course for me anyways since my watts/kg is not as good as pure watts for me.

What age group are you in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm M40-44. Broken ribs, or even brused suck. I'm living in bandages right now, but the healing has already been evident. Cracked ribs is a completely different thing. Maybe a deferment is a good option. Good luck to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in male 40-44 as well. Well you might have one less competitive person in your age group! It looks like it's going to be competitive this year in this age group so maybe its a blessing in disguise for me...haha!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't that the truth. IIRC 6 of the top 10 M40-44 from Madison 70.3 are registered for IMWI. I hope you heal quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your doing okay! The rest will do you well. It's going to be a long recovery for me. Hopefullly, I can start running soon. I'm afraid to test it out. I can bike on trainer but it's mostly easy right now. I think I'll be doing light training for 4 weeks. Not sure though since it's a first for me. Hopefully 4 weeks of light training and 12 weeks for IMFL will be good.
Quote Reply