Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach
Quote | Reply
I've been using Hammer Heed and Perpetuem for a long time. It never treated my stomach well but I could handle it. As I get older it's getting worse and this year it's killing me. Last weekend at Montauk, just a few sipps had me bloated, burppy and feeling like I might puke with every burp.

Anyone know a better alternative for Olympic distance racing?

Thanks

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. I use Perpetuem (never liked Heed much) and haven't had any troubles with it. Guess it just goes to show that everyone is different!
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give Tailwind nutrition a shot. I've had trouble with a lot of different products, but so far none with tailwind. Plus they have a caffeinated opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plifter242 wrote:
Give Tailwind nutrition a shot. I've had trouble with a lot of different products, but so far none with tailwind. Plus they have a caffeinated opinion.

+1 Tailwind is great. CarboPro is easy on my gut as well.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Gu Roctane. Works great for me. I have wanted to try Tailwind and Ucan, but why fix what ain't broke. Maybe I will experiment this year.

Brian

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of Infinit https://www.infinitnutrition.us/

You can use their preset formulas or customize your mix - which allows you to adjust calories, carbs, protein, and flavor strength. If you go the customization route you can schedule a consultation with them to help design your formula according to your needs.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
I've been using Hammer Heed and Perpetuem for a long time. It never treated my stomach well but I could handle it. As I get older it's getting worse and this year it's killing me. Last weekend at Montauk, just a few sipps had me bloated, burppy and feeling like I might puke with every burp.

Anyone know a better alternative for Olympic distance racing?

Thanks

If I'm burping up my liquid nutrition, it's probably not what I'm taking in.......but more likely my effort being too high to process it.

That's me, though.

Infinit works great (again, for me). Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [DirtyGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2x on the Infinit Nutrition. The stock blends are great but they also have the option the do the custom blends, such as if you want more calories, sodium, etc. I would also highly recommend trying their MUD as well.

DirtyGirl wrote:
I'm a fan of Infinit https://www.infinitnutrition.us/

You can use their preset formulas or customize your mix - which allows you to adjust calories, carbs, protein, and flavor strength. If you go the customization route you can schedule a consultation with them to help design your formula according to your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If I'm burping up my liquid nutrition, it's probably not what I'm taking in.......but more likely my effort being too high to process it.

That's me, though.

+1 for me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been super happy with Vitargo. It seems no matter how much I drink, I never feel bloated. I'm told that's because it drains from the stomach faster than anything else.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Race day liquid nutrition that's easy on the stomach [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using Sword this season with great results. I have played with it and added carbo pro as well with good results. The orange and berry are great. A lot of people really enjoy the ginger and say it is easy on the stomach.

drinksword.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm another big +1 for tailwind! Try getting the sample packs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heed isn't super awesome... I know what you're saying.

I use Crank Sports E-Fuel... I'm a heavy sweater so two water bottles for an Oly for me.

http://www.cranksports.com/products/efuel/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One trick is to start with plain maltodextrin and then add more and see what you can tolerate. Carbo Pro is pure malto. So you could pay a lot for just that or order malto in bulk. Then add salt, fruit juice, protein, stuff like that just a tiny bit at a time and stop when you feel most awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hated Heed and Perpetuem, been using Infinite the last 2ish years but just switched to CrankBrothers - I like the flavor of Infinit but found it cause a lot of phlegm. I'm only one Olympic into eFuel usage, but so far it's been really good. And I love love love their gels too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on how many calories you need..................Honey,water, little bit of black strap molassas and salt to cut taste.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found EFS Liquid Shot works pretty well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glukos brand. Simple, tasty & effective

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply