Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed?
Quote | Reply
There are some internet rumors today about Eagleman being cancelled for this year. Is there any merit to this? I have a ton of money invested in doing that event this year (like anyone else) and will be pretty pissed.

Rumor:
Eagleman is not happening

Not Rumor:
The organization who runs the event had all of their warehouse cleared out and all locks changed.
Currently the organizations website is not working.

This is my first time starting a thread. I hope this topic is okay despite being a rumor. I tried to leave out any blame.
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [Granth9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there is merit to this and I am not sure what the outcome will be for the 2500 athletes at Eagleman, 2000 at the Columbia Triathlon, and 1200 at their IG Half Marathon in seven weeks. If they do fold and declare bankruptcy I hope the athletes are refunded and not listed as creditors on a filing.

More soon I am sure.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What ?

According to their tweets their website is malfunctionning.
http://twitter.com/tricolumbia

Hope this is not true. i would be really pissed since i've already put lot of $$ in this race...

-D
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [TriDav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a website malfunction. Other things occurred last weekend that lend credence to the rumors, including everyone at the org being under a gag order.

I hope the rumors are wrong, I really do.

B
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dam.

That was a good organization. Now I'm glad I was sitting on the fence about doing Columbia this year and never signed up.

Better get all the local Setup Events races now before they fill up.
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding, if they do cancel all events, or even just Eagleman it really ruins my plan for they year which has been in the works since August. Hope I can climb into the other events if it does happen.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SpicedRum [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The web site keeps cycling back to the home page, I could not get any of the content to load, everything I clicked on goes right back to the home page. Not a good sign at all.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, and so soon after Vig left and moved over to Challenge.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Granth9 wrote:
No kidding, if they do cancel all events, or even just Eagleman it really ruins my plan for they year which has been in the works since August. Hope I can climb into the other events if it does happen.

Same here. Everything was planned for this race a while ago. This would really suck if it's true, seriously.

and what about WTC ? anybody heard from them about this rumor ?

-D
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironically, I was planning on doing Eagleman as a warm up to Challenge Atlantic City.

Hope it still happens. I need revenge on that course!!
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'll be more than a bit annoyed. house paid for and all too.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really loved Eagleman. Despite being pancake flat it was always very tough. I did it in 2008 when it was super hot and again in 2009 or 2010 when it was only extremely hot.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karma wrote:
The web site keeps cycling back to the home page, I could not get any of the content to load, everything I clicked on goes right back to the home page. Not a good sign at all.

Not quite true.. you can still access their online store and buy stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced it 2009 and although I was warned of how flat it was, I wasn't prepared for how flat it REALLY was/is. I hadn't planned for the lack of coasting on the bike and my hamstrings paid dearly for it on the run. It was pretty hot that year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you point me to where the internet rumors are or where they started? (you can pm if you don't want to share on the forum). Like you, I have a lot vested in this race. Hotel and airline tickets bought and paid for already. My whole season is planned around this race I and was hoping to qualify for kona/mount tremblant.

Crossing my fingers...

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Websites malfunction all the time and if they tweeted it that may be all it is.

What is your source for the rumors? Credible?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really surprised. TriColumbia has been one of the premier multisport organizations in the Mid-Athalntic for 2+ decades. I've always considered EagleMan to be the #1 race for Metro DC/Balt. And I've long considered making ChesapeakeMan my 140.6 debut.
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [Tri-Bum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Websites don't change the locks on the doors, put employees under gag orders, clean out warehouses, or stop returning emails. And yes, very credible.

I'm pretty sure the North Koreans have a twitter account that says they've cloned unicorns and race them around the track on Sundays, would you believe that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We should know a whole lot more tomorrow. And yes, this is all over central maryland and very credible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I said, twitter msg explained the website.

There could be a valid reason, not anything nefarious as you suggest.

Name your source and let everyone decide if there might be reason for concern. All you are doing is crying fire in a crowded theater for now.

"The men who try to do something and fail, are infinitely better off than those who try to do nothing and succeed." Lloyd James
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, he's clearing a way to the exit. Like George Costsnza.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is their twitter handle?

I searched "eagleman triathlon" and got nothing

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
what is their twitter handle?

I searched "eagleman triathlon" and got nothing

@Tricolumbia

On a side note: I can no longer get on their Facebook Page and the feed on the Ironman Event Webpage for Facebook is blank....

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Last edited by: IREPathletics: Mar 4, 14 18:01
Quote Reply
Re: RUMOR MILL: Eagleman 2014 Possibly removed? [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WIN!!!

Don't you know who Bozo is?
Quote Reply

Prev Next