Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ROKA westsuit sizes
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'4", 185 lbs., male. and I'm about to buy a ROKA Maverick Pro wetsuit. I currently swim in a Large TYR Freak of Nature. I love it but it's a tiny bit short in the arms and legs, and sometimes feels slightly restrictive in the chest and I get a more of a burn in the shoulders even on a sprint tri than I feel like I should. I come from a swimming background.

Who out there is around my size and what advice can you give me?

Thanks!
Last edited by: J-man: Jul 18, 14 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA westsuit sizes [J-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'2.5" and 179-181 lbs. Size chart suggested MT, but borderline, so I bought a Large (Elite, not Pro). Fits well. Seems like it would be a good fit overall for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not your size, but my experience has been that the size chart is pretty spot on. I also called customer service and asked them to confirm their experience in sizing for people my size and they helped me with sizing. Might be worth a shot. FYI I'm 150 pounds and 6'0". Wore a MT in Tyr and a ST in ROKA and it fits amazingly well. Worse thing ends up you try it out and need to send it back in their 30 day window, great guarantee.

The wetsuit is amazing by the way. I trimmed a ton of time off my 70.3 swim (probably due to additional fitness too however) with less arm fatigue and better body position.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA westsuit sizes [TallTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info that really helps. I'm leaning towards the LT just because I'm 6'4" and my L TYR Freak is just a little shorter than I'd like it to be.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA westsuit sizes [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's probably what I'll do. Order it, swim in it, return it if I need to. Way to go on the 70.3 time! I've got a couple tris coming up, then I'm swimming Alcatraz so I really want to make sure I do it right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi J-Man,

If you're not sure on sizing, please contact us at support@rokasports.com or 877-985-7652 x 1 and we'd be glad to help.

Best,
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA westsuit sizes [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I'm back and forth between a MT and a LT. I spoke with a couple different people at ROKA and I'm leaning towards the LT. What do you think? I already ordered the LT but I just want to make sure. I'm 6'4", 185 lbs., slightly longer torso.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to your local tri shop, try them both on, and buy one that fits best. I would not buy a wetsuit online unless a direct replacement for a lost/torn wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA westsuit sizes [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would agree with you in theory, but in practice this can be a tough go. most stores nowadays carry 2 wetsuit brands maybe. full size runs in 2 brands? maybe. the main benefit to stores carrying wetsuits is that a lot of people are unequipped or unwilling to buy wetsuits online. a lot of people don't know the first thing about wetsuits, how to put them on and take them off, whether the zipper goes in the front or the back. and, a lot of people buy their wetsuits the week of the race, and really don't have time to buy a wetsuit online, send it back if it doesn't fit, etc. so, retailers can do a robust wetsuit business if they carry brands in their stores.

but this guy spent $1200 on his last wetsuit, or at least bought a wetsuit that has an MSRP of $1200. so he's pretty hip to how wetsuits work, one assumes. and i suspect he also knows that he's got maybe a 75 percent shot at that wetsuit fitting, and is willing to send it back for a different size if he's unlucky with his initial choice of size.

he's willing to buy a ROKA, or maybe another TYR, or an aquaman or zone3 or blueseventy or orca or xterra or 2XU. there's no way he's going to get the suit he wants in the size he wants driving around from store to store.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my experience ROKA's sizing chart is spot on and their customer service is most excellent. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs. and the L fits like a second skin. Since you are smack in the middle of sizes, I would go with the LT since you seem to want the extra length. The suits are snug where you want it and flexible where it counts, so you shouldn't worry about a baggy fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just under 6'2", with a slightly long torso, and 180lbs with a swimmer's build (32in waist, 42in chest). Roka recommended a MT, and it fits me nicely.

Great suit, btw.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should try the Aquaman Cell Gold XL. We cut our suit short and the suit will go up on your caves but the torso will be fine since we use the # 40 Yamamoto all over inside and out witch is very flexible.
Check aquamantri.com
Quote Reply