Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ROKA vs TYR wet suits
Quote | Reply
I am looking at the CAT 3 and Roka wet suits. I am looking for a wet suit that has excellent felxibility in the shoulders and wondering if anyone has any experience with these suits and can offer any advice. I am 5'11, 188 lbs, lean but muscular build if that makes a difference.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA vs TYR wet suits [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to the Tyr, but I have a Roka Maverick Elite full suit and it is incredibly flexible through the shoulders. If you're going to fully enclose yourself in neoprene, I'd say it's about as comfortable and unobtrusive as you can get. It's also really supportive through the core, and the buoyancy is fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I come from a swimming background, and bought a TYR CAT1 (full sleeve) as my first wetsuit 3 years ago. While it had great buoyancy, I always struggled with lack of mobility in the shoulders. My arms would feel heavy and tire fairly quickly, and it also felt very constrictive across the chest. They redesigned their suits for this year, and I have not had the chance to swim in one of the new ones.

Last year, I ripped my TYR, and this spring bought a Roka Maverick Elite (full sleeve). Everything positive you hear about them is true. Excellent shoulder flexibility. Chest expands easily. With the center panel thicker, and outsides thinner, it promotes good stroke rotation. Has great flotation in the legs, but not as much in the upper body. Don't even have to use any body glide with it. No chafing around the neck. I've had about a dozen swims in my Roka so far, and it's completely changed my opinion about wetsuits. Nothing not to like. Roka does have a sale on this weekend for 20% off, and have a 30 day full refund policy if you don't like it with very good customer service.
Last edited by: fasth2o: Jul 3, 15 19:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the Roka Pro for 2 years. Just had a seam give and the Roka/ Trisports warranty got it sorted away very quickly, thus customer service is top notch.

I do wish I had gone with the less expensive Elite for the sole reason as I dislike the fabric panels and cuff on the Pro. It makes it tough to remove if you are wearing a watch.

Can't go wrong w/ either with all the Fourth sales going on right now.
Quote Reply