Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RIP, Support Crew [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been on ST much in the past couple of years, but Longboarder let me know about this. Condolences to the Bonness family. When I started in triathlon in 2005, I had a slight hero-worship thing going with Joe's accomplishments and was so inspired by him! I was fortunate enough to meet Joe and Sue at IMFL and the very first 70.3 WCs in 2006 in clearwater. They were super-humble, gracious people. Definitely a loss for the triathlon community!

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow that's sad news.

condolences to the family

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very Very Sad......She was WONDERFUL.....My condolences Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very, very sorry...

RIP Sue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, so sad. As others have said, condolences to Joe and family. SC always weighed in with a unique perspective, a sense of purity for the sport, and more importantly a humility that Joe would be proud of.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RIP SC. I always enjoyed her posts. She was a wonderful woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear this :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not here much lately either ...

RIP Sue. Condolences Joe and family.

Their daughter moved to the Cincy area by me for a while and I remember meeting her and taking them to his first Triple-T. That was a blast staying with Joe in a cabin for a couple of days. I took him on a training ride during the week with my roadie group, not telling them about his "prowess" just to watch their faces as this little gray haired/bearded man kept up. Good times.

Quote | Reply
Posting her obit. She was so much more than 'support crew".

http://www.legacy.com/...y.aspx?pid=185828055

God's speed Sue, you will be missed by all.
John
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to read this; condolences to family and friends!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's terrible news - thoughts are with Joe and Family. RIP
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sue Bonness

October 23, 1954 – June 14, 2017

A woman of many roles: animal behavior expert, ultimate wife, excellent mother, comedian and master organizer.

Early in her life Sue developed a strong passion to understand animals and assist animal-lovers to build stronger relationships with their pets. Her education in zoology was a start on a life long journey to understand the science behind animal behavior. While she was humble about her accomplishments over the years she had an impressive resume training dogs and over the years reached the pinnacle of obedience, confirmation and agility. She would be annoyed if we did not mention her long pursued Obedience Trial Championship (OTCH) which she gained with Christy, her long time canine partner on the show circuit. Her bond with animals went well beyond training. Her dogs Freddie, Fizzy and Flash each became dedicated service dogs that impressed all with their useful jobs.

Born in Iowa and raised in Wisconsin, Sue attended the University of Wisconsin. She and Joe met through their mutual love of sailing. Shortly after the birth of Maggie they moved to Florida as Joe followed his father to the headquarters of the family road construction company.

Sue is the most determined and organized person you could meet which fit her lifestyle well, given the high aspirations she had for herself, her husband Joe and daughter Maggie. Leveraging her smarts and skills, she accomplished her personal goals in dog training. At the same time she was the ultimate "support crew" for Joe, as he trained and attained world class celebrity status as an Ironman triathlete. Simultaneously Sue insured Maggie had opportunities to excel in professional and personal goals.

Sue passed away after a long and courageous battle with diabetes. We were blessed with 15 additional years with Sue due to the medical miracle of a double organ transplant. Sue would ask all to consider becoming an organ donor. Sue is survived by her husband Joe, daughter Maggie Thomason, grandson Ethan, parents Bob and Fran Way, and siblings Bobby Way and Sarah Linser.

Refer to http://www.FullerFuneralHome.com for details on services and donations in her memory.
Published in Naples Daily News from June 17 to June 18, 2017
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/...sthash.iH3F6ULi.dpuf
Last edited by: imsparticus: Jun 18, 17 9:41
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just now seeing this. Sue was one of the nicest people you would ever meet. It was always so fun hanging out with her in Kona. Condolences to Joe and the family.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very sad to get this news. What a great person.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [70Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strong lady that could teach us all a lesson in overcoming physical limitations. RIP Sue
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
may her memory be eternal and her life continue to be lived through her family and friends..
deepest sympathy and condolences to Joe and family.

SC improved the forum every time she posted..
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [Essoxlupine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Essoxlupine wrote:
Strong lady that could teach us all a lesson in overcoming physical limitations. RIP Sue
In Reply To:

This. Exactly. She was the most human voice in what sounded like a sea of clamor to this newbie triathlete when I just starting out, and a reminder that not everybody has to look and be a certain way when I started coaching.

She is and will be very, very missed. My heartfelt condolences to all her loved ones.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello eganski and All,

I only met Sue a couple of times and ended up talking with her for some time ...... and she was as nice in person as on ST.

Condolences to her family.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man oh man. rip sue. she was one of the good ones. the swimfan thread... ha
Quote Reply
Re: RIP, Support Crew [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear of her loss. Thoughts and Condolences Joe.

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:'(

thanks for passing along the news. seems like at a funeral where you can catch up with old friends, this thread is similar. Lots of the old ST guard in here paying respects :(

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummed to read this. Sue was always in Kona to support Joe and it was a pleasure to have met her in-person.
RIP

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply

Prev Next