MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All  

BGennari

Oct 8, 13 8:25

Post #1 of 34 (1330 views)
REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call Quote | Reply

Who's heading to Anderson, South Carolina for REV3 this weekend?

I'm heading over with a friend of mine, David Callahan, and will be competing in the half. Last race of the season! Woo Hoo.

Who else is going?

Lastly, don't forget to vote in the USAT Elections!

Bruce Gennari

Flaswimmer

Oct 8, 13 8:30

Post #2 of 34 (1325 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [BGennari] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I wish I was, miss my time up there in Clemson. Best of luck on the race and be sure to get some Smokin' Pig bbq!

jamgam

Oct 8, 13 9:12

Post #3 of 34 (1312 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [BGennari] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I'm there for the half. 3rd year in a row. I'm from Belton so good excuse to visit home

---------------------------
Accelerate3

ATL Dad

Oct 8, 13 9:16

Post #4 of 34 (1305 views)

Ready!

http://jmassieblog.blogspot.com

tringo

Oct 8, 13 9:17

Post #5 of 34 (1301 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [jamgam] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

GO BHP!! I'm from Belton, live in Anderson... not racing... I'm headed to IMFL in a few weeks... I wouldn't have time to recover. Next time you're home, you'll need to ride with us on Saturday.

Runner Rick

Oct 8, 13 9:21

Post #6 of 34 (1299 views)

BGennari wrote:
Last race of the season! Woo Hoo.

I'm in for the Half. Hoping to end the season on a high note. Looks to be perfect weather.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2014 Big Sexy Race Team and GU Energy's GuCrew "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
My Blog - Twitter - Race Reports - 2015 Races: Eagleman 70.3, Kona

jamgam

Oct 8, 13 9:21

Post #7 of 34 (1299 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [tringo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

tringo wrote:
GO BHP!! I'm from Belton, live in Anderson... not racing... I'm headed to IMFL in a few weeks... I wouldn't have time to recover. Next time you're home, you'll need to ride with us on Saturday.

Which Saturday ride do you do? My dad does one every once in a while, I forget which shop though. I know there's Great Escape and another shop I think that do rides

Accelerate3

tringo

Oct 8, 13 9:26

Post #8 of 34 (1294 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [jamgam] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

We have a group that leaves from New Spring Church in Anderson every Saturday. We have about 15 to 20 riders, roadies and triathletes... and yes, everyone gets along very well. It's not a shop ride. Total distance for the standard loop is 47 miles... with plenty of riders going longer.

jaretj

Oct 8, 13 9:40

Post #9 of 34 (1282 views)

Was going to go then my driving buddies bailed on me.

Instead I'm going to Florida for Rev3 there in November.

Good luck in Anderson.

jaretj

bubbahhi

Oct 8, 13 9:44

Post #10 of 34 (1280 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [tringo] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

l am doing the half Aquabike. Prep for B2B half IM. Knee surgery 5 months ago. So running still has some work to do. Hills are a little worrisome for me. Partly because of surgery and partly because l live on an island.
Curious how many total people are racing and how many are doing Aquabike. Rev3 will not say.

Triwivesclub

Oct 8, 13 10:04

Post #11 of 34 (1266 views)

Have a great time in Anderson! We will be there is spirit! Love Rev3
----------------------
!http://triwivesclub.com/?p=3088
-----------------------

http://www.triwivesclub.com

somli

Oct 8, 13 10:14

Post #12 of 34 (1260 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bubbahhi] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Also doing the half Aquabike. I have two artificial knees, and the Aquabike is a life-saver for me. I will do complete sprint and olympic tris, but have only done one complete half on these babies!

bobby11

Oct 8, 13 10:26

Post #13 of 34 (1251 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [somli] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Relaying the half. This is local stuff for me. I don't live in Anderson, but I used to and I live close enough that I drive up and do the Saturday ride to which Tringo was referring.

The good news for everyone this year is that there's actually water in the lake! It won't be almost a mud run like it was the last two years.

The forecast, as it stands right now, looks pretty ideal. Looking forward to seeing everybody. And since I'll be working the bike check in on Saturday, I should probably see just about everybody!

Great racing, everyone!

Stay aero my friends.

bubbahhi

Oct 8, 13 11:30

Post #14 of 34 (1223 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bobby11] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Anybody know water temp? l assume wetsuit legal.

jamgam

Oct 8, 13 11:37

Post #15 of 34 (1214 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bubbahhi] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Mid 70's, been wet suit legal the past two years

Accelerate3

Runner Rick

Oct 8, 13 11:42

Post #16 of 34 (1211 views)

jamgam wrote:
Mid 70's, been wet suit legal the past two years

My two favorite words: Wetsuit Legal.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2014 Big Sexy Race Team and GU Energy's GuCrew "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
My Blog - Twitter - Race Reports - 2015 Races: Eagleman 70.3, Kona

ck21trhc

Oct 8, 13 12:25

Post #17 of 34 (1186 views)

I did this race last year, be ready for that crappy hill at the end of the ride

Eleonore Rocks Triathlon Team http://www.eleonorerocks.org
Sponors: Infinit (TEAMER 10% off), Kswiss, BlueSeventy, Speedfil, TriBike Transport, Fuelbelt, Blue, CEP, Rudy,
Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC

rrheisler

Oct 8, 13 13:04

Post #18 of 34 (1174 views)

I'll be in town working the event this weekend...would be curious about time of the ride, etc. Bringing my bike in the retail trailer...

----------------------------------
Blog and Product Reviews | Twitter
"It ain't easy being green..."

bobby11

Oct 8, 13 15:26

Post #19 of 34 (1136 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [rrheisler] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

New Spring Church parking lot on Hwy. 81 north (aka Greenville Street). Ride leaves at 8 am, but a number of folks are training for IMFL and will probably be there earlier. The New Spring lot is huge and you can do laps around it safely before it's light enough to be out on the roads.

rrheisler

Oct 8, 13 16:22

Post #20 of 34 (1123 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bobby11] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Intriguing! If it's kosher, I'd love to show up. Need to get my workout in, and would be good to tour around with some folks.

bobby11

Oct 8, 13 17:19

Post #21 of 34 (1107 views)
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [rrheisler] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

You'll be on many of the roads used in the race ... just not often going in the same direction. Our group is both roadie and triathlete friendly and you'll find folks from Cat. 1 to beginner. Several regrouping points around the route.

I won't be able to join as I'll be working the bike check-in at T1. Tringo is the master of ceremonies. He'll likely introduce himself and he'll help make sure you figure out where you're going.

Enjoy!

rrheisler

Oct 8, 13 17:20

Post #22 of 34 (1104 views)

Swing into the retail tent sometime throughout the weekend. Ask for Ryan.

Thanks for working T1 this weekend in advance...much appreciated!

bobby11

Oct 8, 13 17:28

Post #23 of 34 (1100 views)

Will do! See you there!

Tri14

Oct 8, 13 17:55

Post #24 of 34 (1085 views)

I'm in for the half. Weather looks great!

Best of luck to everyone!

http://www.TeamRWB.org It's our turn!
Blazeman Warrior No. 387

TriPigeon

Oct 8, 13 19:51

Post #25 of 34 (1064 views)

Arrived in Anderson from Seattle yesterday. Built the bike today, going to go ride the course tomorrow / Thursday.

If anyone is keen to meet up for coffee or a ride, fire me a pm on here. Also, there's a great trishop (3Cross Tri) on Main Street now. Couldn't recommend them more. Also, check out Summa Joes for coffee / lunch (a couple blocks down from 3Cross.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All  

Your Racing Helmet
What helmet brand do you anticipate most often using while racing in triathlons?
Giro
Rudy Project
Specialized
Louis Garneau
Lazer
Bell
Kask
Casco
Other