Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [TriPigeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the Half. Weather looks great.
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The group meets at New Spring Church, address is 2940 Concord Rd, Anderson 29621.... we roll out at 8am.. some riders will be circling the parking lot to collect junk miles before the start... yes, the parking lot is that big!!! Ride route is 47 miles with options for more miles.... We'll be on our best behavior for our out-of-town guests... The group has roadies and tri guys/gals on tri bikes... and we ride well together.... All are welcomed.
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [tringo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's going to be a great race! See all of you there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Junk miles???!!! Hmmm. That depends on how you do it.
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My definition of junk miles is riding around a parking lot, going nowhere... even if the loop is almost 1 mile... they do give saddle time... which is important... but, there's not much to see!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for 70.3 and no more! Last race of the year to wrap it up. Will be arriving early Friday morning and I'll probably drive the course either that day or Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [cornick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In - Vince Cellini style - finish up strong.
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [jasper808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as a PSA for everyone who hasn't ridden / driven the course yet: pay attention to the warning about the technical descent at Timm's Mill. It's about 26km into the course, you turn right onto Timm's Mill Rd, go through a fast descent into a sharp hairpin with an sbend curve. The road is narrow with no shoulders (at least that I could see, deadfall had completely covered the surface, but race crews are clearing the debris tomorrow and Sunday morning) and is nasty. Right before the section there is a 15MPH Curves approaching sign that gives you a little bit of advance warning on it.

Also, of the 4 bridge decks you cross in the first half of the HIM bike section, 3 of them (I can't remember the names) have potholes / nasty uneven sections on the right half of the lane on the far side of the bridge. If it's clear, it's worth taking a line on those sections over to the left, as at least two of them are pinch flat worthy gaps.

Good luck everyone!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Proud member of the GUCrew
Twitter: @tripigeon Blog: Ironpigeon.com
Thoughts on AG sponsorships / community involvement: http://bit.ly/1dQlVDy
Quote Reply
Re: REV3 - Anderson South Carolina - Roll Call [bobby11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shout out to all my Anderson peeps from south Texas! For all you racing you're in for a treat.. Beautiful scenery and a great ride venue.. Wish I could be there..
Quote Reply

Prev Next