Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:
Completely your opinion. The only reason I'd be interested in a beam bike is if it has significantly less drag than a traditional frame. I couldn't care less about suspension.

stephenj wrote:

Another FAIL!!! Why are they missing what gives a beam bike the largest advantage over its non-beam counterpart...It is the suspension!

Agreed. I don't care about suspension. I just want to go fast.

Then you are missing the point of why you go fast. It is just like why a person on a properly fit bike will ride faster than one that is on an improperly fit bike (be it a superbike or not). It is about being properly 'comfortable' on a bike. That is where the beam design makes the most sense, and saves the most time.

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Completely your opinion. The only reason I'd be interested in a beam bike is if it has significantly less drag than a traditional frame. I couldn't care less about suspension.

stephenj wrote:

Another FAIL!!! Why are they missing what gives a beam bike the largest advantage over its non-beam counterpart...It is the suspension!

No, this is not just my opinion. The word choice of 'fail' is probably a little too strong, but the application of a design which does not leverage the greatest strengths of the design is a bit foolish. Unfortunately, this tendency is not limited to bicycle design...take human diagnostics for instance.

Stephen J

Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
stephenj wrote:

Then you are looking to the beam design for the wrong reason. This is not based on opinion, but on the testing that is available with some searching, as well as data backed statements by those on this board who have been testing bikes in the wind tunnel and telling us about it for the past 20 years (all the way back to the days of rec.sport.triathlon). The theme has always been that the removal of the seat tube allows the low pressure area behind a rider to 'fill in' better; thus reducing that low pressure area. There have also been statements regarding a reduction in rolling resistance with the suspension from the beam design, but I have never seen or heard of anyone pointing to hard data which proves this point.

You seem to be conceding rather than supporting your original claim. :)

In any case I'm not sure you can tell how much "suspension" there is just by looking at a picture. You must be assuming that something with a lot of suspension would look "thin" and someone with so much volume would be "stiff"? That's not necessarily true, particularly given the tremendous amount of flexibility that modern carbon design practices provide engineers (no pun intended).

I dont think that I refute any claim with this reply, and you are correct, that you can not definitively determine how much suspension is present looking at the photo. Would you say that there is greater than 20mm of movement due to beam flex; or more like something less than 1mm by just looking at the photo. I wold suggest that you can determine that level of crude assessment; ergo one could determine how much 'suspension' there is by just looking at a photo. Shapes in general do not change what they do structurally (i.e. a fillet will stiffen) until you get down to nanomaterials where the behavior gets a little bit different due to the increased impact of forces not normally taken into account on the macro scale.

Stephen J

Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
I think that this loss of functionality will prevent the new crop of beams from expanding and catching on like they did the first time (stopped only by the UCI).

Having read that I can only assume you have never ridden a Dimond. It doesn't bounce but it is very absorbant for want of a better word. It make rough road smooth without any bounce. It's pretty sweet.[/quote]
You are right...I was thinking more about the Falco; not the Diamond which uses a similar elastomer suspension like the old Zipp design (and later softride designs, with the elastomer being incorporated into the sleeve). My apologies for the generalization, that was my mistake.

Stephen J

Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
It is about being properly 'comfortable' on a bike. That is where the beam design makes the most sense, and saves the most time.

I'll admit that I've never researched the impact frame suspension can have on speed for a TT/tri bike. I'd be interested to see some objective data showing the time savings you reference.
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [TitanFlex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha - I'm almost 42 :)

TitanFlex wrote:
When I was 25 I echoed the sentiments of TH3_FRB and BryanD: "I don't care about suspension...I just want to go fast." Twenty years later...
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [stephenj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
I think that this loss of functionality will prevent the new crop of beams from expanding and catching on like they did the first time (stopped only by the UCI).

Having read that I can only assume you have never ridden a Dimond. It doesn't bounce but it is very absorbant for want of a better word. It make rough road smooth without any bounce. It's pretty sweet.

You are right...I was thinking more about the Falco; not the Diamond which uses a similar elastomer suspension like the old Zipp design (and later softride designs, with the elastomer being incorporated into the sleeve). My apologies for the generalization, that was my mistake.

Stephen J[/quote]
There's no elastomer on the Dimond. The suspension is built in through the carbon layup. The mistake that you are making is thinking that you can tell how rigid - or not - a carbon frame is simply by looking at it. What's clear is that the Softride design was flawed. There was WAY too much deflection in the beam, such that your saddle height changed too much during the pedal stroke. The "smooth" pedal stroke required on a Softride was the only way to keep the beam from bouncing.

The Dimond does allow the beam to separate from the lower "triangle" - unlike the Falco - but that actually doesn't necessarily affect the suspension (or lack thereof). You could build a beam bike with a more rigid interface and still have plenty of deflection in the beam. The Dimond process has much more to do with manufacturing tolerances than it does to building in suspension; there's virtually no flex of any kind until you get to the cantilevered portion; the separate beam/lower may allow for better distribution of forces when the beam deflects, but that'd be likely to show up in terms of longevity of the frame.

In all cases, the deflection of the beam has everything to do with layup, ply orientation, etc. The REAP bike could easily have almost no suspension or it could have more than the Dimond. It's flawed to think that looking at the bike you can tell whether it has suspension or not. As evidenced by your misunderstanding of how the Dimond is able to build suspension into the design.

A cantilevered beam will ALWAYS have SOME deflection. The question is how much is desirable for riding. And there's no clear answer there. But the Dimond seems to have it right with a deflection that's about (it depends on beam size) 0.065mm/kgf.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
stephenj wrote:

It is about being properly 'comfortable' on a bike. That is where the beam design makes the most sense, and saves the most time.

I'll admit that I've never researched the impact frame suspension can have on speed for a TT/tri bike. I'd be interested to see some objective data showing the time savings you reference.

The thing is, the clock is only a part of the puzzle. For instance, a wise man once told me "You can not win Ironman in the swim, you can however easily loose it there". Just as more often than not, you can not win Ironman on the bike...but, if you cant bend your spine and are beat up from chip seal....well....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe for you the "maturing" will be delayed. More power to you...and your testosterone stores!

On the serious side, in response to the "less road vibration=better performance" quandry, I agree that the only evidence is anecdotal.

A proper, controlled experiment would have to involve several athletes subjected to a long (HIM-ish) ride in the same environmental conditions on different bikes equipped with accelerometers under the saddle. And you'd really like to test the hypothesis that off-the-bike running performance varies with vibration loading. Can you imagine how challenging such an undertaking would be?

Tom Piszkin
UCSD Triathlon Coach
@TitanFlexBikes
(619)334-7222
(619)328-1870 FAX
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
stephenj wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:

Having read that I can only assume you have never ridden a Dimond. It doesn't bounce but it is very absorbant for want of a better word. It make rough road smooth without any bounce. It's pretty sweet.

Stephen J

There's no elastomer on the Dimond. The suspension is built in through the carbon layup. The mistake that you are making is thinking that you can tell how rigid - or not - a carbon frame is simply by looking at it. What's clear is that the Softride design was flawed. There was WAY too much deflection in the beam, such that your saddle height changed too much during the pedal stroke. The "smooth" pedal stroke required on a Softride was the only way to keep the beam from bouncing.

The Dimond does allow the beam to separate from the lower "triangle" - unlike the Falco - but that actually doesn't necessarily affect the suspension (or lack thereof). You could build a beam bike with a more rigid interface and still have plenty of deflection in the beam. The Dimond process has much more to do with manufacturing tolerances than it does to building in suspension; there's virtually no flex of any kind until you get to the cantilevered portion; the separate beam/lower may allow for better distribution of forces when the beam deflects, but that'd be likely to show up in terms of longevity of the frame.

In all cases, the deflection of the beam has everything to do with layup, ply orientation, etc. The REAP bike could easily have almost no suspension or it could have more than the Dimond. It's flawed to think that looking at the bike you can tell whether it has suspension or not. As evidenced by your misunderstanding of how the Dimond is able to build suspension into the design.

A cantilevered beam will ALWAYS have SOME deflection. The question is how much is desirable for riding. And there's no clear answer there. But the Dimond seems to have it right with a deflection that's about (it depends on beam size) 0.065mm/kgf.[/quote]
You bring up some really good points, the best of which is that I have not ridden a Diamond, and was incorrect regarding the suspension. I made the incorrect assumption that the suspension was through the same elastomer as the original Zipp design. With that said, I am actually very familiar with how one designs suspension into this type of design without elastomers/springs/etc. and disagree that one would not be able to get an idea of what kind of suspension could be present based solely on design appearance. You have to take into account the shapes of the tubes relative to the force applied. For example, you can make a truss bend just as easily as a tube, but you have to change the shape, wall thickness, etc. to make them equivalent...and many of those characteristics are visible. Examining the limits of this problem, take a plate in the vertical axis versus the horizontal axis. I think that even I can make the correct assessment as to which will result in the greatest deflection given a force on the vertical axis. As an aside, are you sure your units are right? Shouldnt it be kgf*mm as opposed to mm/kgf?

I agree that the softride suspension is a bit much, unless you go with a stiffness that is a couple steps up that recommended (I use a qualifier right now as a trainer...couldnt pass it up for $150 on ebay); but again, it was not the beam that deflected, it was the shear of the elastomer either sandwiched between and upper and lower carbon arm which made up the beam, or an elastomer sleeve which surrounded a carbon arm. The carbon in both cases was not designed to be the main suspension provider. The shapes of the carbon beams did not encourage them to be the suspension providing member of the system they were designed in.

In terms of ply orientation being the most important factor in composite engineering...well, come on. Even I know that it is not just ply orientation that is critical to function. You cant get around physics with just good ply orientation. Sure, you can make structures more or less stiff with ply orientation, number of plies, properties of both the carbon and the binding matrix (i.e. epoxy)....but you can not just say that Diamond can engineers the suspension by ply number and orientation without taking into account the shape of the structure as well.

Stephen J

Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
stephenj wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:

Stephen J

A cantilevered beam will ALWAYS have SOME deflection. The question is how much is desirable for riding. And there's no clear answer there. But the Dimond seems to have it right with a deflection that's about (it depends on beam size) 0.065mm/kgf.

You bring up some really good points, the best of which is that I have not ridden a Diamond, and was incorrect regarding the suspension. I made the incorrect assumption that the suspension was through the same elastomer as the original Zipp design. With that said, I am actually very familiar with how one designs suspension into this type of design without elastomers/springs/etc. and disagree that one would not be able to get an idea of what kind of suspension could be present based solely on design appearance. You have to take into account the shapes of the tubes relative to the force applied. For example, you can make a truss bend just as easily as a tube, but you have to change the shape, wall thickness, etc. to make them equivalent...and many of those characteristics are visible. Examining the limits of this problem, take a plate in the vertical axis versus the horizontal axis. I think that even I can make the correct assessment as to which will result in the greatest deflection given a force on the vertical axis. As an aside, are you sure your units are right? Shouldnt it be kgf*mm as opposed to mm/kgf?

I agree that the softride suspension is a bit much, unless you go with a stiffness that is a couple steps up that recommended (I use a qualifier right now as a trainer...couldnt pass it up for $150 on ebay); but again, it was not the beam that deflected, it was the shear of the elastomer either sandwiched between and upper and lower carbon arm which made up the beam, or an elastomer sleeve which surrounded a carbon arm. The carbon in both cases was not designed to be the main suspension provider. The shapes of the carbon beams did not encourage them to be the suspension providing member of the system they were designed in.

In terms of ply orientation being the most important factor in composite engineering...well, come on. Even I know that it is not just ply orientation that is critical to function. You cant get around physics with just good ply orientation. Sure, you can make structures more or less stiff with ply orientation, number of plies, properties of both the carbon and the binding matrix (i.e. epoxy)....but you can not just say that Diamond can engineers the suspension by ply number and orientation without taking into account the shape of the structure as well.

Stephen J[/quote]
Uh, no I am sure the units are correct. 0.065mm/kgf*X kgf = X*0.065mm; e.g. if you have 30kgf on the saddle, that's a deflection of 30kgf*0.065mm/kgf = 1.95mm. If it's was mm*kgf then you'd get kgf^2 when you multiplied by the weight on the saddle...

You have no idea what's internal to the tubes though. Or layup in terms of where more plies are laid. What I can tell you is that an externally round carbon tube can be made to behave in a VERY different way than a round steel tube by what you do internally. The idea that you can look at that picture of the REAP and make conclusions about the stiffness is simply ridiculous.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Uh, no I am sure the units are correct. 0.065mm/kgf*X kgf = X*0.065mm; e.g. if you have 30kgf on the saddle, that's a deflection of 30kgf*0.065mm/kgf = 1.95mm. If it's was mm*kgf then you'd get kgf^2 when you multiplied by the weight on the saddle...

You have no idea what's internal to the tubes though. Or layup in terms of where more plies are laid. What I can tell you is that an externally round carbon tube can be made to behave in a VERY different way than a round steel tube by what you do internally. The idea that you can look at that picture of the REAP and make conclusions about the stiffness is simply ridiculous.

Sorry, I was getting confused when I was cancelling out units from the deflection equation...Ill blame the lack of sleep; but really it was sloppiness. In any case, that is relatively inconsequential to the point which we seem to differ in opinion...which is the following: can one make any assessment of deflection based solely on the visual shape of an object and its stated purpose (in this case, supporting a mass near the end of a cantilever arm with a dynamic fluctuation of force ~0-3x the mass without failure). Within these parameters, there are limits on what can and can not happen given these functional requirements. With that said, you have placed a caveat specifically regarding REAP. You provided as an example the deflection of the Diamond beam which visually seems to become more 'round' as you move towards the seat, and yet the deflection of a 30kgf load is only 1.95mm at a location where one might apply this force. This deflection is less than the deflection from tires, seat, or possibly bike shorts with a pad (the latter I have never measured...Im not sure how one would comfortably...but Ill save that thought experiment for another time) which a proponent of suspension may suggest is insignificant in the system as a whole. I would tend to lean towards the side that it is still significant for all but the larger bumps, but that is something that I have no data to support or refute. The photo of the REAP bicycle shows a beam that is much less rounded and taller in the vertical axis than horizontal. Typically when you see this, it is done to reduce deflection in the vertical axis...or am I mistaken? Anyway; my point which was very obscure (based on the replies) was that I would love to have additional options for a beam bike that provided more suspension. I currently train on a softride which I got crazy cheap, and race on a Titanflex (which I absolutely love the ride, but know that I am giving up some aerodynamics for comfort). It would be great to have both the comfort and aerodynamics, and the REAP looks like it misses that mark to my eye...I really don't see that as being ridiculous.

Stephen J

Quote | Reply
100% spot on Tom. Not all about aerodynamics, it's about being comfortable on the bike so you ride faster and then, you can ALSO RUN FASTER if your body isn't as fatigued.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My all time dream bike was this! I never had the funds for back in the day. Now I can afford and they don't make it!

Last edited by: johnnybefit: Apr 13, 16 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CEEPO USA wrote:
100% spot on Tom. Not all about aerodynamics, it's about being comfortable on the bike so you ride faster and then, you can ALSO RUN FASTER if your body isn't as fatigued.

I'm completely on board with the theory. But someone has to show me the money before I value absolute comfort over speed. I'm not opposed to comfort but I can't completely buy into the concept that suspension is the most important aspect of this frame type.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Showing the Money" in this case would require quite an outlay of money to execute the test protocol I outlined in my previous post.
Short of that ever happening, however, I don't agree that suspension is the "most important aspect of this frame type." It is merely an aspect that differentiates it from the traditional double-diamond design.

Up until about 35 years ago almost all road bikes utilized the same material for the frame and fork. Along came carbon, which enhanced a fork's job description: reduce vibrations from the front hub traveling to the body contact points (hands). Initially more expensive, but now ubiquitous--with little compromise vis-a-vis steel or aluminum. Consider the cantilevered design as a similar evolution: reducing vibrations from the rear hub traveling to the body's primary contact point. Initially, expensive, weird looking, heavy and too springy (Softride "Moose Tongue"). Now more elegant, lighter, firmer and affordable (at least the TitanFlex), without compromising speed.

One last observation, I think "Absolute comfort" is only achievable in a dream state of mind, or perhaps induced by the ingestion of a mix of Absolut vodka and Southern Comfort.

Cheers!

Tom Piszkin
UCSD Triathlon Coach
@TitanFlexBikes
(619)334-7222
(619)328-1870 FAX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:

Sorry, I was getting confused when I was cancelling out units from the deflection equation...Ill blame the lack of sleep; but really it was sloppiness. In any case, that is relatively inconsequential to the point which we seem to differ in opinion...which is the following: can one make any assessment of deflection based solely on the visual shape of an object and its stated purpose (in this case, supporting a mass near the end of a cantilever arm with a dynamic fluctuation of force ~0-3x the mass without failure). Within these parameters, there are limits on what can and can not happen given these functional requirements. With that said, you have placed a caveat specifically regarding REAP. You provided as an example the deflection of the Diamond beam which visually seems to become more 'round' as you move towards the seat, and yet the deflection of a 30kgf load is only 1.95mm at a location where one might apply this force. This deflection is less than the deflection from tires, seat, or possibly bike shorts with a pad (the latter I have never measured...Im not sure how one would comfortably...but Ill save that thought experiment for another time) which a proponent of suspension may suggest is insignificant in the system as a whole. I would tend to lean towards the side that it is still significant for all but the larger bumps, but that is something that I have no data to support or refute. The photo of the REAP bicycle shows a beam that is much less rounded and taller in the vertical axis than horizontal. Typically when you see this, it is done to reduce deflection in the vertical axis...or am I mistaken? Anyway; my point which was very obscure (based on the replies) was that I would love to have additional options for a beam bike that provided more suspension. I currently train on a softride which I got crazy cheap, and race on a Titanflex (which I absolutely love the ride, but know that I am giving up some aerodynamics for comfort). It would be great to have both the comfort and aerodynamics, and the REAP looks like it misses that mark to my eye...I really don't see that as being ridiculous.

Stephen J
You are making assumptions that you can determine deformation by just looking at the shape, which would have been somewhat correct if we would be talking about isotropic materials but this is anything but the case when using carbon fiber. You have no idea how many plies are used, you don't know the direction of the fiber in each ply, you don't know the modulus of the fiber in each ply, you don't know the arial weight, etc etc etc. I work for a company that makes carbon fiber products and I can give you two flat panels with identical appearance which will have VERY different deformation characteristics just by changing one or more variables such as ply orientation, number of plies, fiber type, resin content, etc etc etc.

I got a chance to test ride a Dimond a few months ago and it is definitely a very different ride. It's stiff (as in, deformation when sprinting) yet very smooth when sitting in aero. It was very well designed.
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks wonderful. I'd love to know how much the frame will cost. Currently the Ventum, which is also a 'looker', is way out of my 'dream budget'.
SteveMc
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my bikes I still ride is an old Softride Powerwing 650. My experience is not much different from other frames. I have an old P3-SL and a Look 596. There is no pogoing, crazy handling, getting thrown around, that is often cited. This is hype. To also show I am not hyping the Softride, my legs do NOT feel fresh just because of the beam providing suspension. Just my 0.02.

Sweeney wrote:
OldFLTriGuy wrote:
I would take a Rocket TT 7 first any day

ever ride a softride down a hihg speed twisty downhill. according to a good friend of mine who had one until he did, when you've done it once you'll never do it again. the front goes one way and the back goes the other

beam bikes are cool but there is really nothing to say that a beam frame is faster than a conventional frame.

from jim@erosports;

1. Position
  2. Clothing
  3. Helmet or Wheels
  4. Helmet or Wheels
  5. Clean front end (i.e.cables)
  6. Proper hydration setup
  7. Frame

Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mfrassica wrote:
To also show I am not hyping the Softride, my legs do NOT feel fresh just because of the beam providing suspension. Just my 0.02.

It's not about your legs - that's completely a function of the power you put out. The theoretical benefit of suspension in the frame is to reduce the impacts to your body by absorbing some of the jarring hits and vibrations from the road surface. On a perfectly smooth road frame suspension should be completely irrelevant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure anyone can prove the legs are fresher from riding a beam bike.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Apr 19, 16 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:

First things first. Jordan is correct here, and there's just no argument to be made to the contrary.

Flexibility and shape have a connection, but especially in the case of carbon fiber layup, you can't tell anything from the outside. Orientation, layers, modulus of the fabric, epoxy %, etc all have a huge impact on the outcome.

However, I'm going to have to defend Softride a bit here, since I am probably the only person who has put extensive miles on all of these frames. I have a Classic with a 240lb max beam, a Rocket TT, a Dimond, a Pearson, a Falco, and also rode a Zipp for several years.

The Classic with the stiffest beam has about 3/8" of deflection when loaded with my weight. I ride very far forward, but try very hard to maintain the balance between my shoulders and perineum. It can be made to bounce at high cadence until you learn to "pedal in circles". It does take awhile, and I'm not at all sure it isn't actually a positive thing to learn.

The Rocket TT has about 1/4" of deflection when loaded with my weight. I consider it to be the best balance of comfort and suspension. It's an amazing machine, and design flaw (delamination of the beam) aside, it's really a very good machine.

The Dimond is a spectacular machine. It has some deflection, but never bounces. It's comfortable for all day riding, but not at the same level as the Rocket.

The Pearson is a bit stiffer in the beam, but more flexible in the seatpost. At low cadence you can see the seat post flex more than seems acceptable. I have been planning on improving the shape of this while adding some lateral strength.

I don't really have anything bad to say about the Falco. I believe it falls short of the Dimond and Pearson aerodynamically, but not by a long way, and it varies by angle of attack. The stock adjustable stem is great for getting the front end dialed in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I completely agree with TH3_FBR: "On a perfectly smooth road frame suspension should be completely irrelevant."

In an imperfect world riding a TitanFlex makes every road feel like it was freshly paved!

Tom Piszkin
UCSD Triathlon Coach
@TitanFlexBikes
(619)334-7222
(619)328-1870 FAX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I went from a Power V (Softride) to a QR Tiphoon, my times instantly were faster. The suspension basically had me moving up/down on each pedal stroke, despite being professionally fit. I then went to a Cervelo P3, bike times got faster again (it felt like the carbon stiffness helped a lot). Certainly each time I changed bikes, cycling was faster. Not so convinced the beam bike is for me, or that it would make it a better/faster ride. I personally like a stiff frame without the flex. Although I haven't tried a new frame like the Dimond or others out there. I'm just not hopping on beam bike band wagon yet--been there & done that decades ago.
Quote Reply
Re: REAP bikes. New beam bike! [OldFLTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"How we *wished* we'd have a seatpost. Dad used to sit us straight on the post... [nice tribute to the Yorkshireman, OldFLTriGuy].

And nice reference, the burnished chrome finish Softride Rocket TT 7, now that was a gorgeous machine! I just messaged someone today inquiring if they've still got theirs and want to sell.
Quote Reply

Prev Next