Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction
Quote | Reply
Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to make my wheel fit?

My trainer wheel fits fine, but despite moving the brake pad washers to the outside of the brake cage, changing to slimmer brake pads, and loosening the brake cable, I cannot get my Jet 9 to spin between the pads without the brakes rubbing the braking surface of the rim.

Thx!

Proud Representative of Slowtwitch Anti-Atheists Society.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction [Iamironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think that a number of bikes that have under the bottom bracket rear brakes have similar issues. Have you looked up how owners of these bicycles have dealt with this issue and then applied this to your bike?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction [Iamironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remove the washers from the brakes and it should fit. That's what I did when I had a CD 0.1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a CD0.1 and a rear Jet 90 that is 23mm wide. Mine fits fine with room to spare. Have you adjusted the spring tension on the brake? There is a left and right set screw that adjust the the spring tension. If you tighten both screws the springs push the pads away from the wheel.

If that doesn't work, make sure you have a little bit of cable housing exiting near the bottom bracket. If you don't have a little slack there it will bind your brake and prevent it from opening as much as it should. Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction [bigsur28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tightened the screws on the triangular cable tension mech, but that only helped a little.

I will check the cable exit to see if I can make that more compatible.

Also notable is that I contacted QR and sent them pix, but they have not responded in the two weeks since I sent pix.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who did you send it to? I'm an outside rep and I want to make sure it got to the correct place.

in these situations I'll go ahead and run out the adjustment screws (the ones on the frame and brake) to near falling out (so they stick out)
then pull the brake off the posts. There is a slot that the brake booster spring slots into. Often times the spring has come out or the housing containing the spring is broken (or rarely the spring itself).

Reassemble the brake making sure the spring post is in the track.
Tension the bolts that hold on the brakes.
I like to drive the booster spring bolts in until they bottom out and then back them off a quarter or half turn.

9/10 times this will fix your issue.

I've run RZR 92s on multiple CD0.1 and Illicito (same brake) with no issue and that thing is 28mm wide at the brake track. (sz L and ML)

What year is your frame? Have you also made sure that the tire is not rubbing the top of the brake arm? Running larger tires can result in some rub on the arms since they encroach on the wheel as the brake is opened further. Some tires have a much taller profile than others.

hope that helps

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the helpful reply.

I sent my emails and pictures to: inform@rooworld.com

Quote Reply
Re: Quintanna Roo Cd01 rear wheel + brakes = friction [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ti T'war wrote:
Who did you send it to? I'm an outside rep and I want to make sure it got to the correct place.

in these situations I'll go ahead and run out the adjustment screws (the ones on the frame and brake) to near falling out (so they stick out)
then pull the brake off the posts. There is a slot that the brake booster spring slots into. Often times the spring has come out or the housing containing the spring is broken (or rarely the spring itself).

Reassemble the brake making sure the spring post is in the track.
Tension the bolts that hold on the brakes.
I like to drive the booster spring bolts in until they bottom out and then back them off a quarter or half turn.

9/10 times this will fix your issue.

I've run RZR 92s on multiple CD0.1 and Illicito (same brake) with no issue and that thing is 28mm wide at the brake track. (sz L and ML)

What year is your frame? Have you also made sure that the tire is not rubbing the top of the brake arm? Running larger tires can result in some rub on the arms since they encroach on the wheel as the brake is opened further. Some tires have a much taller profile than others.

hope that helps

I checked the brakes and I do not see springs at all.
The bike is the 2011 model.
About two yrs ago when the bike was assembled, the shop switched the brake pads and told me that they could not get the trainer wheel to spin through- and now I'm trying to fit the Jet 9. It seems like something else is going on here.

I've also noticed how that some Cd01's have a cable mech that resembles what we used to see on V-brakes for the TRPs. Mine has a triangular mech that pulls/pushes the brake shoes to center the pads on the rim.

Well, my pads are centered... they are centered and in direct contract with the braking surface. Any suggestions?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had similar issues when I got my 25mm wide Chinese Clinchers. I did a couple of things to make it easy. Since I only use my wide wheels for racing I wasn't too worried about brake pad life. I used a mill and took 2 mm off each brake pad. I also took a dremmel tool and ground off a mm or two off of where the tire would hit the caliper arms. You can also take the washers out and add even more clearance. There is plenty of clearance now and the brakes work fine. I don't need to take my washers out, so for racing I just swap the pads and wheels and then go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my bike:

Here is the mech that I believe should allow my Jet 9 wheel to fit:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you need this

http://rooworld.shptron.com/p/cd0-1-trp-t-822-rear-brake?pp=12

That is the original brake setup that we moved away from several years ago. this new brake will give you the clearance you need and also work better. It's much better than the setup you are running.

cheers

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply