Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quintana Roo Lucero Lite
Quote | Reply
ok, I have a stupid user question. Does anyone know where I can find a "how-to" document to adjust the saddle of a 2013 QR Lucero Lite? I went from a P3 to this bike and can't figure out this unnecessarily complicated saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Lucero Lite [IronJJT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Seduza and I believe the seatpost is the same. There are two screws to adjust the saddle tilt. Use an Allen/Hex wrench for the rear and an open end wrench for the front screw.

How I do it is have the saddle mounted and move fore/aft as wanted. Tighten the front screw for appropriate tilt, tighten rear screw to secure. There should be a small half circle type device that is not shown in this picture that will support/rotate the saddle.

Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Lucero Lite [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this might be what you are looking for

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_engine#5121094

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Lucero Lite [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An extra long hex wrench (6 inches?) really helps. Park Tool.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Lucero Lite [TBinMT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks strangely similar to the clamp on my Kuota Kharma (~2011). Firstly loosen the bolts and completely remove the saddle. Then you need to use the front screw to set the saddle angle, you might need to screw the front screw into /out of the post, as well as screw the clamping bracket up/down the screw. Once you've adjusted the saddle angle via the front screw, install the saddle and clamp down the rear screw. You will probably find clamping down the rear screw then screws up the saddle angle. So you need to go back and remove the saddle, adjust the front screw, install the saddle and then clamp down the rear screw. Now you might find that saddle is still not at the correct angle, in which case you need to remove the saddle, adjust the front screw, reinstall the saddle and clamp down the rear screw, and hope the saddle is at the correct angle. If it isn't then remove the saddle and repeat the process.

But the upside is, once I got it adjusted it has stayed there for the last 3 years.

Short answer is per poster ^^^, front screw adjusts saddle angle, rear screw clamps it down. Just wind the front screw down a little extra as clamping down the rear screw tends to tilt the saddle nose up.
Last edited by: nickag: Aug 1, 14 7:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 2013 Lucero Lite uses the exact same seat-rail clamp as the rest of the line. You should loosen the four bottom bolts a few turns - that helps you adjust and secure the tilt of the saddle.

Once you do that, the two outer bolts (one on each side) need to be loosened. Once you do that, the entire clamp will slide forward and back in the oval opening.

I hope this helps.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac is right, of course. But let me offer a more detailed description.

I look at the four bottom bolts as locking bolts. the two side bolts are where the action is at. make everything loose. get the saddle to the position that you want. tighten the side bolts. on the trainer the side bolts will provide enough to ride a bit and make sure the pitch of the saddle is right when torqued up to spec. once everything is good tighten up the bottom four bolts and you'll be good for the most massive of pothole strikes without worry of saddle slippage.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Quintana Roo Lucero Lite [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for the fast replies. I will give this a shot. Honestly never thought I would need a forum to learn how to adjust a bike seat.
Quote Reply