Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick thoughts on IM coverage/Why Slowtwitchers RULE!
Quote | Reply
I made a casual comment that I hadn't seen the Ironman coverage on TV and a Slowtwitchers who's initials are W.I. was kind enough to actually mail me a VHS of the coverage. Thank you very much! What a kind and thoughtful jesture, not to mention going to the trouble of doing it. Thank you very much.

I read the criticisms of the coverage on Slowtwitch.

In my opinion the coverage was at least very good, some parts of it were excellent.

Obviously they weren't covering it like a race, so its hard to judge it on those merits- impossible actually. It's like going to see "Gladiator" and saying "It was a terrible comedy". Of course it was, it WASN'T a comedy.

I thought using excerpts from the soundtrack to "Blackhawk Down" was cool since I love that music. The photography was a notch above previous years. Some of the lighting, angles and composition was incredible. Very beautiful.

Everyone here who watched it (all of us) was compelled by it. I enjoyed the Julie Moss interview and came away more impressed by her than ever.

As a historical capsule of the event and a creative, "poetry" style look at the race I though it was very good. It was not journalism, nor was it intended to be. At worst, it was a WTC commercial, but a fine one at that.

It made me want to train.

Thank you very much W.I. Now, What can I do for you?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Quick thoughts on IM coverage/Why Slowtwitchers RULE! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom I agree whole heartidly with your comments on the coverage of "The Big Show" - it certainly got me fired up in the middle of a cold winter. As to the generosity of W.I - well Slowtwitchers certainly rock - as you know offers of fedexing parts to foreign lands days before races are common on the forum.....it is certainly a great place to "hang"....great to see you back in the game Tom - 2004 is going to be a great one!!

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply