Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Question for the SRM experts
Quote | Reply
I recently picked up a used FSA SRM, everything was working great.
On Saturday I went out, and 5 minutes into the ride the signal dropped out, I tried everything, zeroing it, pairing it and nothing worked, rode that way for about 1.5 hours, I then had to make a pit stop, and when I got back on the bike it was working again like nothing happened, I have since done rides both yesterday and today and it worked perfectly both times, however I am pretty concerned since obviously I want something that I can trust and rely on 100% of the time.
The software says that the battery has 500 hours left..
Any ideas or thoughts?.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question for the SRM experts [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What head unit are you using? What is it a PM6 or a PM7? For some reason I had lots of signal drops with version 6 on my Garmin 520, I sent I to SRM to get the battery replaced and firmware upgraded and never had an issue again. It can be a weak signal, from low battery juice.
Last edited by: mike s: Sep 4, 17 14:35
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question for the SRM experts [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using a PC7.
I doubt it's the battery in the head unit as the LCD doesn't seem weak and it was still picking up speed and HR just wasn't getting anything from the PM (crank).
Last edited by: trener1: Sep 4, 17 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a battery issue. I don't think the fuel gauge is accurate so you'll probably need to send to SRM for a new battery or try changing it yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PC7 is bombproof, what about the power meter? PM6 or PM7, PM6 was the power meter I had the issue I was talking about, had a weaker ant+ signal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh sorry I misunderstood you.
I don't know, how can you tell? Does it say it somewhere on the unit?.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should have it on the back on one of the stickers, one shows the slope, one shows the Serial, the other has misc, it's should be on that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so I checked, it's a PM6.
This happened on Saturday, I have since ridden, Sunday, Monday and yesterday and all 3 rides were flawless (well as far as the SRM goes :) ).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you just had some fluck interference with the SRM, 500 hours of battery life is plenty of strength, sounds like it should be good. Fingers crossed.. if you're inside it can be finicky with wi-if, Bluetooth, cellphone signals etc..kinda have to see what works. Had some issues using it before like I said inside as well with TrainerRoad and an iPad, whenever my phone would ring the SRM signal would drop for a few minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if I can delete the total history off a pc7? I'm the second owner and want to delete the previous owners data
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
What head unit are you using? What is it a PM6 or a PM7? For some reason I had lots of signal drops with version 6 on my Garmin 520, I sent I to SRM to get the battery replaced and firmware upgraded and never had an issue again. It can be a weak signal, from low battery juice.

Good info. I didn't know there was a way to tell which firmware you have. I have a PM7 with a 520 and have no issues. Though I have been getting low battery alerts on my 520 even with a pm that has 800-900 hours on it (and it's supposed to last 3000 hours). I have yet to figure out if the pm battery is really low or Garmin's voltage setpoint is just set too high.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The srm battery is dead. Exact same thing happened to me last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question for the SRM experts [Runmikarun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure the manual covers this.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question for the SRM experts [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get low battery alerts on my Garmin 520 with my SRM DA PM7. When I check it on my PC8 the battery life says good, the signal never drops though like it did before with a previous PM6. Might just the Garmin because it doesn't come up with a low battery warning with every use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have the same exact setup (DA9000 srm). Do you get low battery alerts every ride? I used to only get alerts when temps were low. But in the last 2 months, I get them on every ride. PM is rock solid though. Zero offset barely changes and no drops.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I usually just get them indoors now every so often, could be the temperature due to air conditioning, outside fine (live in NC) although 70.3 Raleigh I did get one, but no signal drops. When the offsets were bizarre and the signal seemed to fade that was my que for a battery change on the older PM6. Any chance you can find someone with a PC8?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually have a pc8 coming late next week. Should hopefully give me better insight to the battery level.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much better then the Garmin, I don't use the GPS on it, find it inaccurate, speed sensor is spot on once you do a good roll out.
Quote Reply