Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X
Quote | Reply
So I just had my Omega X's installed on my bike and I love them; they are fantastic. With that said, my LBS told me that the pads (which are the bontrager cork variety for my Aoelus TLR's) were a pain in the ass to get installed; I was basically told to leave them and just train on my race wheels.

I'd rather not do that, so I wanted to ask the question here. Is there a difference in pads intended for Shimano, SRAM, etc? How are others handling this situation? Is there something else I should be buying?

Thanks for insight you all might have.
-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X [MJGuswiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is weird. I installed my Omega X brakes myself. And then I later swapped the pads for my carbon clincher wheels. Those pads could not be easier to swap in and out. That said, if I were doing pad swapping frequently, I would get a spare set of pad carriers from Tririg to take a step out of the process and save a couple minutes. But seriously, I cannot imagine what problem the LBS had with the pads, they did not seem like anything special to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering if its the cork? I know Bontrager recommends using them for dry braking and only using the swiss stop black prince in wet conditions. Also wonder how much different the holders are from my ultegra brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X [MJGuswiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omega pad holders are Shimano/SRAM compatible, so they will fit any pad that conforms to that standard (basically any road pad other than Campagnolo-standard pads). Not sure why your mechanic had a problem. If you have a particularly tight-fitting pad, it can help to use a tiny dab of hand lotion in the grooves to help lubricate them. Also, it's generally easier to get the pads out when the holders are off of the brake.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. Being in MN, my outdoor season ended after this last weekend's race. I will experiment with them over the off season. I'd rather swap pads with the holders on so that I don't have to re-align them. Similar argument to buying a spare set of holders.

Thanks again!
-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Questions regarding brake pads for the TriRig Omega X [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For my racewheels I use the grey black prince, go in and out easy.
My Planet X wheels came with equinox (or something) pads which brake em really good but are a pain to install.

-shoki
Quote Reply