Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Question for Dan
Quote | Reply
How much money did Saqer Al Khalifa pay you for this interview?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [jkp07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I just think Dan interviewed someone that is going to be one day very influential in the world of triathlon. Very influential.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:

I just think Dan interviewed someone that is going to be one day very influential in the world of triathlon. Very influential.

Just keep telling yourself that...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guy puts on one of the biggest prize money races of all time and you don't think he deserves an interview? What is your agenda?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Guy puts on one of the biggest prize money races of all time and you don't think he deserves an interview? What is your agenda?

I agree. I see no issue.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know Monty, what is Dan's? No issue with me either.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [TimJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know Monty, what is Dan's? No issue with me either. //

I see you now taking pot shots in this and the other thread Dan started, do you actually have any opinions? I understand you are probably still angry about last week, but please tell us what is bothering you about this topic? These drive by one liners are getting real tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you guys think you have the helf to seriously engage on this, there's a thread here for the purpose.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK so you guys are close, I got it OK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good one Tim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't worry in all your infinite wisdom I only hope I can be a voice of reason to you and your pre conceptions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was a one liner, just sayin.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
enough to buy Dan and his entourage for whatever reason..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimJ wrote:
enough to buy Dan and his entourage for whatever reason..........

Hanzi?
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [waupaca11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not know what this means but I fully expect to get deleted anyway....................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"enough to buy Dan and his entourage for whatever reason."

i have no money relationship with bahrain. i don't anticipate any. you, on the other hand, do you have a history of a financial relationship that might bear at all on this?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, but you seem to be trying hard
Last edited by: TimJ: Aug 30, 14 23:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pissed ur panties or am I missing something?

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimJ wrote:

You people are effing ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
TimJ wrote:

You people are effing ridiculous.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Dan [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon is a money go round like most businesses and questions have been answered here, I do not necessarily support the views of anyone else here and do not think that any of these points belong in Dan's other thread either (of which should not be derailed). Quite often someone will set the tone of negativity and others will follow or presume whatever they will, I commend Dan for his original interview and both his openness and willingness to discuss what to a lot of people is a difficult subject. As to my reaction to a poke, I can understand how it looks ridiculous and I apologize for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK so you guys are close, I got it OK?//

Ok, checked out your Facebook page, and see you work/ed for WTC. So now i get your sourness on this whole thread, your mad because WTC lost this battle for this race, and Challenge is their most direct competitor in the world. Now we can finally understand your agenda, pretty weak to just do drive by one liners though. Just come out of the shadows there and discuss this like a man now that we know what you stand for. I have made my point clear, here and on this thread over in the Lavendar room;

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty, thanks for checking out my facebook page however I cannot find your friend request.

I am sorry but you have this wrong as I in no way resent the affiliation between the race owners and challenge and honestly 'think it better this way. I stepped away from my role with wtc at the beginning of the year and 'would in no way think my opinions would align with theirs on the subject. I was and 'am fully supportive of these individuals involvement and personally found them to be very personable and down to earth, however having spent some time in the middle east I find it strange and fascinating that Dan would now adopt a somewhat defensive stance of any state in the region. I personally had to defend the right of Saqer Al Khalifa and his friends to race here in the US to many people that seemed to adopt a mob mentality based on posts on this forum. I look forward to the coverage of the race and 'hope I get to visit Bahrain one day of which I think has a rich and interesting history.

I will happily share my opinions on this subject with you but will resist posting on Dan's other thread until I feel this can be received in a more objective and less confrontational manner. I have never tried to hide who I am and see no reason for you to try and bump chests with me, of which I have no interest.
Last edited by: TimJ: Aug 31, 14 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you even think / suggest that Dan was paid for this interview? I think that any other RD that puts down a new race with that price money should get an interview as well.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think monty's point, and i have to agree, is that we don't know what you mean by what you write, but it appears to be antagonistic to us or me for reasons not about human rights. on the facebook comments appending to the interview, you wrote, "So many mixed messages from Dan and his crew." okay. but, what? earlier in this thread were a lot of one-line comments that were, to me, hard to understand. what did you mean by, "enough to buy Dan and his entourage for whatever reason"? the only takeaway that i can imagine is that you feel i was paid to shine up the bahrainis.

monty's point is that, among you and i, only one of us has gotten paid by anybody who has a dog in this fight, and that's your paid association with ironman.

i think it's small-minded to make this a fight between challenge and ironman. yes, they're competitors. but in the grand scheme we're still as sport that's only about half-full. we've got a long way to go, a lot of countries in which we still have to establish a beachhead. ironman and bahrain couldn't make a deal. challenge and bahrain could. had this been ironman bahrain i'd still have interviewed saqer al khalifa and i think monty's point is that if that had happened you'd probably not be posting these oblique messages.

i love ironman. i'm a fan of ironman. i was VERY enthusiastic about ironman 70.3 poland, and i'm looking forward to ironman's, and triathlon's, spread eastward into former soviet bloc countries and into asia, the middle east, and into south asia. but we're not going to cover only ironman, and bahrain's civil and human rights doesn't either become or not become an issue depending on whether a race in bahrain is ironman or challenge. certainly the ironman people are smart enough to know that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next