Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Boulderites...
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if 83rd St north of 66 is still closed at the little bridge? The last 2 times I have driven up to ride the old 70.3 course or up to Carter Lake, have had to turn back...

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Boulderites... [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cant tell you with 100% certainty but I think it is fixed. My friend Ted rode there on Saturday (and didnt invite me.) But I saw his Strava route and he went through the little bridge on 83rd right after the downhill S turn.

https://www.strava.com/activities/334237693

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is fixed, I rode it two Sunday's ago (one week after 70.3).

As an aside, when that road is "closed", you can normally get through it on a bicycle. I rode that part when it was "closed" probably three times this year and couple of times last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Boulderites... [patsullivan6630] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome guys, thanks for the info... Last time I was there, there were a bunch of tractors, etc and looked "not passible". Looking forward to a Thursday ride to Carter Lake!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a handy map that will show you any road closures, however small/short they may be.

http://maps.bouldercounty.org/roadclosures/

If you happen across any "Road Closed" signs, please don't do anything to potentially strain any motorist/local resident relations by riding on roads that are closed to everyone else. Turn around and find another route...the signs are there for a reason.

Happy riding!
Quote Reply