Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if anyone has ridden both of these bike courses and can compare them. I've raced at Tremblant 3x and am racing Quassy in a month. I'm using Best Bike Split and it's giving me a pretty quick time for Quassy vs what it looks like AGers have ridden in the last few years. From what I can tell, Tremblant is smoother and only really has serious grades in that last 20k section. At Quassy, it looks like there are more steeper grades than Tremblant mixed throughout the ride.

Best Bike Split predicted a 2:17 for me at the 70.3 WC at Tremblant and I rode a 2:18, so pretty close. It has me at 2:23 for Quassy, which seems to be a reach.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone done both???

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive done both. I just trained on the quassy course last weekend, and did WC70.3 in Sept....The hills at tremblant are not nearly as bad as they are at Quassy. Quassy is relentless, non stop climbing. quick descents, long steady climbs, short punchy climbs, rarely any flat sections to get into a groove. Putting it in perspective IMLP 1 loop of the bike has less climbing in 56mi then Quassy does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quassy is significantly harder than Tremblant.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done Quassy, Tremblant, and LP a bunch of times. Quassy is hands down the hardest of the 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [caffeinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caffeinator wrote:
I've done Quassy, Tremblant, and LP a bunch of times. Quassy is hands down the hardest of the 3.

Agree with this, and although the OP did not ask about Placid I would rank in terms of difficulty:

1) Quassy
2) Placid
3)Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...and then there's the run. Hilly, extended unpaved sections, hard, but lots of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2. Have done both several times
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has ridden both of these bike courses and can compare them. I've raced at Tremblant 3x and am racing Quassy in a month. I'm using Best Bike Split and it's giving me a pretty quick time for Quassy vs what it looks like AGers have ridden in the last few years. From what I can tell, Tremblant is smoother and only really has serious grades in that last 20k section. At Quassy, it looks like there are more steeper grades than Tremblant mixed throughout the ride.

Best Bike Split predicted a 2:17 for me at the 70.3 WC at Tremblant and I rode a 2:18, so pretty close. It has me at 2:23 for Quassy, which seems to be a reach.

I have a teammate who did Tremblant bike in 2:18:08 and Quassy bike in 2:23:45, same year 3 weeks apart. Sounds like the prediction is pretty spot on... my differential was more than 15 minutes, but it was different years and I'm not as strong a cyclist.
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the condition of the road like? Potholes/cracks? I'm in CT and roads round me are in terrible shape after the winter
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [Dommac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some roads were ok, others pretty shitty. A lot of cracks all over. Some potholes. They had bright orange tape around most of the big holes and cracks but overall it was ok. I live in boston and the roads west of us are in rough shape. So it was better then that haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha you know it's a small community when you know who the people are just by their handles...

mike nice job in Harryman this weekend! Question - orange tape around the holes as in they are going to patch them? Or just for marking? I haven't seen the course since last year, is it required riding to get up there before the race?

Hey Dom, we should plan on a ride coming up, maybe up there?
Quote Reply
Re: Quassy vs. Tremblant bike courses [fisherman76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha thanks Fish! I think it was just markings from the ride preview from the challenge sponsored ride a few weeks back. It was a Saturday, we went down Sunday and hey still had arrows on the turns which was nice.
I would totally ride that course before you race it. It is a very difficult course and should know what you're in store for. It's a no bullshit course and will make for a long day if you're not prepared.
Are you racing??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am indeed. No goals whatsoever, not planning on attacking, but also not keen to bury myself. Thanks bud, I'll make plans to check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't ride it, at least drive it.
2. Should meet up when we're down there.
Good luck to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done both Quassy & IMMT. I use Quassy as my prep race for IMMT. Will be doing the same this year. Quassy Bike & Run are harder than Mont Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
Ha thanks Fish! I think it was just markings from the ride preview from the challenge sponsored ride a few weeks back. It was a Saturday, we went down Sunday and hey still had arrows on the turns which was nice.
I would totally ride that course before you race it. It is a very difficult course and should know what you're in store for. It's a no bullshit course and will make for a long day if you're not prepared.
Are you racing??

I did the preview ride 2-3 weeks ago and was shocked at how hard it was. At first I just kept punching up the shorter hills then after 90 minutes realised it was unrelenting and had to scale back!

I don't remember seeing horrific potholes though, just some rough patches (as in nothing that would take you off your bike).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was randomly checking 'quassy' on twitter 5 mins ago and came across profile design running a free wheel tryout - one last spot which i got. Taking bike up at 3pm on friday 5 th to get the wheels fitted. What a random piece of luck! Do u want to come up to packet pick up and drive a bit of the course?

Did the pond swim tonight - who would have thought that ride would only be the second coldest avtivity i did today?
Quote Reply