Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq update via Qalvin app on a Mac
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

My Quarq is due for a firmware update. I uploaded the Qalvin App on my Mac last night and I used my Ant+2to bridge the 2.
The application found my power meter just fine, and after a while it allowed me to go to firmware update link. From there, it took over an hour and nothing really happened, to a point where I thought the application froze.

I wanted to know if anyone knows how long it takes on average to update the quarq? It seems like it is a several hour job.

Appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq update via Qalvin app on a Mac [eviandrinker21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes, call Quarq, because when I did the firmware upgrade (also from a mac) it took closer to a minute or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remove the battery from Quarq, wait 1 minute, and repeat the process.
I did this (last week) and works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey eviandrinker21,

The firmware update should only take a few minutes. If it has hung up in the "preparing bootloader" message or something similar once the update has started, something is not loading properly.

I would:

1. Close Qalvin
2. Unplug usb ant stick
3. open Qalvin back up
4. plug usb ant stick back in
5. preform a reboot on the power meter by removing battery and installing 2 pennies in the battery compartment in place of the battery and fully thread on the lid. Leave pennies in for 2+ seconds and then remove and re-install battery
6. connect and try update again.

If this is not successful please contact our customer service at 1.800.660.6853 and we will walk through some things over the phone.

Cheers!
Last edited by: Alex@Quarq: Aug 27, 14 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq update via Qalvin app on a Mac [Alex@Quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!

I haven't had a chance to try but will do tonight before my sufferfest workout on the trainer this evening. Seems pretty simple. Will let you know!

Kevin
Quote Reply