Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq not working
Quote | Reply
Took my tri bike out for the first ride of the season. Powermeter wasn't working. Came home and changed the battery. Still not working. Put in a second battery, still nothing. Took the battery out of my other Quarq, which I know works, and installed it. Still doesn't work.

It's a 2014 Quarq Red. Worked all of last season. I had upgraded the firmware so I don't need the magnet. Went through the troubleshooting on their website and backpedaled a bunch of times. No blinking lights. Pulled the crank and added the magnet just in case that would work. Didn't do anything. Anything else any can think of I can check before going to Quarq?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq not working [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you try the method of resetting by shorting the battery terminals with a screw driver or other object?

Does the LED light flash when you install a battery?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq not working [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know the shorting the battery terminals trick. LED doesn't flash at all. Either when I first put int he battery or when I backpedal a bunch of times. Believe after 5 back rotations you get a series of blinks which tell you the status. I get nothing at all
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here the instructions Quarq gave me (I've never heard of it working, though).

Quote:

I would like you to try rebooting the power meter. This is done by connecting both terminals inside the battery compartment together and reinserting a new battery. We recommend using a set of pliers to make this connection. Make sure to touch the outside threads and not the black base of the compartment. While the battery is removed you will want to make sure that the bolt that is under the battery is tight and that the terminals are plucked up away from the compartment base. Please don't use any tools when removing the battery cover. If it appears stuck it is best to get an old tube and use that to get a better grip on it. I have attached a diagram to illustrate.

I'd post the diagram, but for reason the picture-posting icon on this forum seems to be missing at random times, and now is one of those times.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 30, 17 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq not working [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tried it and it worked. LED blinking. Turned on my Garmin and picked it up right away. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mattr,

Im having the same problem with my PM quarq now. Can you tell me how you wake your PM up? i follow troubleshooting from Quarq service's guidance but still fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq not working [Sukha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this issue as well, and the short technique didn't resolve it. Turned out that battery spring bolt had come loose (the bolt in the center of the battery housing that holds the spider spring on). I tightened that and it was good to go.
Quote Reply