Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR bike Info needed
Quote | Reply
I have the opportunity to buy an old Quintana Roo Tri frame and fork. The model is "USA Special Edition." Does anyone have info about this model?
What type of steel tubing? Straight gauge, single/ double/triple butted? What year(s) produced? Any other info if appreciated.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: QR bike Info needed [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should contact Dan who runs this board since he owned that company at one point.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 1998 QR Kilo. It is Made in the USA with Easton Aluminum. I love that bike even
with the 650c wheels. Hope this helps. BTW what color is it? You could always do a google search
for the same frame and get all the info you need.

glenn
Quote Reply
Re: QR bike Info needed [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan was my first go-to. He was unsure. He said it must have been after he sold the company. I know the Superform was the first model he produced. That was in '89. In 1993, they made the Kilo---Easton #7005. I know the USA Special Edition is steel tubing.

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is 1994 steel tubed frame. If you can post a picture, I might be able to help more.

Quote Reply
Re: QR bike Info needed [Mac McE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it for 700 or 650 wheels?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: QR bike Info needed [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
650c

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
650 wheels, those old drop-outs and that vaguely familiar paint job. I'd say it's one of Dan's and you got the model name wrong. Did you send him the pic?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: QR bike Info needed [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The decal on the top tube (right behind the head tube) reads "USA Special Edition." The QR decal on the seat tube is filled with the US Flag. There is a decal on the seat tube above the bb shell that says "PATCO tubing." I know it is a steel frame. I know it is 650c. I know it is an earlier QR model and paint job. Dan says he does not remember. I am interested in finding out what year it is and where it fits in the QR hierarchy of frames.

Habitual line stepper.
Last edited by: zeusrun: Jul 26, 14 7:18
Quote Reply