Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR Rental Ironman...anyone ever use it?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if anyone has used QR rental service for an Ironman. I ride a QR right now and the price is cheaper for me to rent than bring my own bike. I'm just worried about the fit, etc. But apparently they professionally bike fit you when you go to pick it up. The bike I would be renting would be an upgrade for me.
Quote Reply
Re: QR Rental Ironman...anyone ever use it? [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIDAVID2 wrote:
Just curious if anyone has used QR rental service for an Ironman. I ride a QR right now and the price is cheaper for me to rent than bring my own bike. I'm just worried about the fit, etc. But apparently they professionally bike fit you when you go to pick it up. The bike I would be renting would be an upgrade for me.

I wouldn't rely on them to fit you, just take all your mesasurements with you and adjust for any differences between the frames.
Quote Reply
Re: QR Rental Ironman...anyone ever use it? [TRIDAVID2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not being left out to dry in the rental process. Everyone who works at our RentQR expos is a triathlete. We're also bike people who have experience with bike fit. You shouldn't expect a 4-hour bike refit, but you should expect for us to replicate your current set up. There's a few things that happen in the process:
  • You fill out a form online that asks a pretty specific list of questions about your current bike. It includes things like the type of bike you currently ride and the measurements we need.
  • Once we receive notification that you have reserved a bike, we have a follow up phone call a few days later to confirm the measurements.
  • Before the expo opens, we set the bike up exactly to your measurements.
  • When you pick up the bike, we'll help you make any adjustments you want - saddle bags, seat swap, etc...
  • Then you take the bike. You have a few days to make minor tweaks if necessary on your own or with our help.

If you have any questions, let me know. We've had positive feedback from everyone who has rented with us so far.

Mac

Quote Reply