Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

QR PRSix / TriRig Omega Setup
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2015 PRSix, and I'm having some issues mounting an Omega brake on the front. There's only about an inch or so of space between the brake's cable hanger and the bars, so it's putting a pretty tight bend in the bars. I have Profile Design Aeria AL bars. Anyone have any similar issues and have any fixes? I'm thinking about trying to use a brake noodle with a 90 degree bend. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix / TriRig Omega Setup [CajunCannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One option is to use brake housing with a flexible end, like the Jagwire Racer housing. Or a segmented one like Nokon, iLinks, Jagwire Links, etc.

A second option is that you can actually route the housing into the PRSix stem. There's a perfect spot for it where the housing will stop. You just have to drill out a little hole for the cable - a 1/16th" or 3/32" or 2mm drill bit will get you there. Little-known fact: the designer of the stem actually contemplated this exact use, and that's why the cable stop is there. Whether it went though standards testing with the cable hole drilled, or whether drilling it would void your warranty, I don't know. But it's what I did with my PRSix and it has worked well: http://www.tririg.com/...ana_Roo_PRSix_Review

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Feb 21, 17 16:21
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix / TriRig Omega Setup [CajunCannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's probably just me, but if I had your frame which has the option for direct mount brakes, I'd go with EE direct mount brakes with the aero cover: DA quality braking, light weight, centered cable path in front of head tube, minimal profile with aero cover.... and powerful!!! I have a set on my road bike (with jaguar linked housing) and love them. Would love to have these on my tri bike vs the integrated speedconcept brakes I have

https://www.modernbike.com/...rootICFdgcgQodlmYPIg

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Feb 21, 17 20:06
Quote Reply
Re: QR PRSix / TriRig Omega Setup [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. Will give this a try. Thanks.
Quote Reply