Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club
Quote | Reply
The are many reasons to despise the Purple-snatch team, but maybe the biggest yet was just posted on instagag: https://instagram.com/p/BQJV9tZlVCp/

What in the shit is going on with those saddle heights? It's like Matt Dixon has a predilection for knee problems and poor power transfer in his athletes.

Embarrassing. These are supposed to be professionals. Who even fit them -- Joe Skipper?
Last edited by: PubliusValerius: Feb 5, 17 17:52
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
The are many reasons to despise the Purple-snatch team, but maybe the biggest yet was just posted on instagag: https://instagram.com/p/BQJV9tZlVCp/

What in the shit is going on with those saddle heights? It's like Matt Dixon has a prediliction for knee problems and poor power transfer in his athletes.

Embarrassing. These are supposed to be professionals. Who even fit them -- Joe Skipper?

Kienle would have brought his road bike ;)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he would have been more aero than those shits, given that none of them are riding in aero -- all sitting up like a commuters on Huffy's. Though most commuters I see are better fit to their bikes than this crew
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 1st I was like "yeah, right."
Then I watched the video.
Painful-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
And he would have been more aero than those shits, given that none of them are riding in aero -- all sitting up like a commuters on Huffy's. Though most commuters I see are better fit to their bikes than this crew

Kienle would be more aero on his road bike and would be transferring more power to his pedals pedaling with a single leg anyway. But hey, these guys were training on the road to Hawi, while I am buried in snow and ice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But....but...Jesse Thomas set the KOM to Hawi!
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
But....but...Jesse Thomas set the KOM to Hawi!

Jesse Thomas is a MONSTER. But yeah that was a clutch KOM. I am sure he could have gone easily another 50 watts if he was just going for the straight KOM instead of achieving it during a monster brick.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate farce as much as the next guy but your jokes are getting stranger and stranger.
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl.n wrote:
I appreciate farce as much as the next guy but your jokes are getting stranger and stranger.

Yeah I suppose you are right: it's strange and out of place to mock and condescend for exceptionally poor saddle height...on slowtwitch.

Are you new here?
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
At 1st I was like "yeah, right."
Then I watched the video.
Painful-

+1.

Ouch.

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man you weren't kidding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1

I'm usually skeptical of the arm chair fit critiques that are so prevalent on here, but they're seriously extending their ankles to avoid overextending the knees. On the other hand, not much hip tilting, that's a good sign
Last edited by: niccolo: Feb 5, 17 22:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they've got their pro peloton draft skills is in top form.
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
niccolo wrote:
+1

I'm usually skeptical of the arm chair fit critiques that are so prevalent on here, but they're seriously extending their ankles to avoid overextending the knees. On the other hand, not much hip tilting, that's a good sign

That's to be expected. Changes in ankle angle are used to largely compensate for changes in saddle height; only when the saddle is way too high (or way too low) do knee or hip angles change a lot, and/or do you start to really reach for the pedal by rocking in the saddle.
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Feb 6, 17 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:

What in the shit is going on with those saddle heights? It's like Matt Dixon has a predilection for knee problems and poor power transfer in his athletes.

What is with you that you have so much issues with so many brands, people or topics?
Now purple-snatch? Do you know mat dixon personally? Do you how he works, how his team works, how his coaching is? Were you part of his team or coaching? What is it that makes you react offensive most of the time? Why do you find that there are many reasons to despise purplepatch? If you put such a line either support it with serious evidence or reasons or just leave that line out of the thread at all and just start 'what the shit....

Now it seems like you have another personal vendetta here on ST and just use this video to spit your shit all over again. Are you that unhappy with your live?

Just wonder

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
PubliusValerius wrote:

What is with you that you have so much issues with so many brands, people or topics?
Now purple-snatch? Do you know mat dixon personally? Do you how he works, how his team works, how his coaching is? Were you part of his team or coaching? What is it that makes you react offensive most of the time? Why do you find that there are many reasons to despise purplepatch? If you put such a line either support it with serious evidence or reasons or just leave that line out of the thread at all and just start 'what the shit....

Now it seems like you have another personal vendetta here on ST and just use this video to spit your shit all over again. Are you that unhappy with your live?

Just wonder

Jeroen

Can't speak for the poster but...

Do you know mat dixon personally? Yes, he was my coach.
Do you how he works, how his team works, how his coaching is? Yes, he was my coach.
Were you part of his team or coaching? Yes.
Why do you find that there are many reasons to despise purplepatch? Well, glad you asked...

After an entire year working with PPF, I realized that the business (I refuse to call it 'coaching') is made for MOP to BOP. They do not individualize your coaching like they tell you they do. They are NOT "performance driven", they are money driven. They want you on the hook and they want you to stay on for as long as possible. They don't care if you PR or KQ... they care that you enjoy your time with their product, spend more money on worthless "products" and help get other people to buy their product.

Oh... and I can tell you from experience, they (specifically Paul) will undoubtedly tell you to raise your saddle, regardless of how high it is. I have a very high saddle height, sent them a video and he told me to raise my saddle "like 1 to 2 centimeters". I knew that was wrong, so I went to Jim at ERO for a fit and like I expected, my original saddle height was already higher than he would typically advise.

The one thing that I will say is positive about their training is that they really know how to get people ready to race HIM or shorter... but their philosophy on full IM, in my opinion (because I know I'll get grilled for this), is just wrong,
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why arent you also defending Instagram?

The nerve PV has. Insta-gag? He apparently hasnt seen the high volume of incredibly sniffable saddles floating about within the platform.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know a lot of those athletes but I do know one of them well. I can tell you that he was not fit by Dixon. Personally I'm not a fan of Dixon but how do you know he is fitting his athletes? Sort of unfair to suggest he's setting everyone of the Purplepatch athletes saddle heights.
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [FastFreddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FastFreddy wrote:
I don't know a lot of those athletes but I do know one of them well. I can tell you that he was not fit by Dixon. Personally I'm not a fan of Dixon but how do you know he is fitting his athletes? Sort of unfair to suggest he's setting everyone of the Purplepatch athletes saddle heights.

Matt is absolutely NOT fitting his athletes. Paul Buick is the "bike guy".... he still might not fit everyone but he's the one pushing the high seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
Oh... and I can tell you from experience, they (specifically Paul) will undoubtedly tell you to raise your saddle, regardless of how high it is. I have a very high saddle height, sent them a video and he told me to raise my saddle "like 1 to 2 centimeters". I knew that was wrong, so I went to Jim at ERO for a fit and like I expected, my original saddle height was already higher than he would typically advise.

Amazing -- multi-sport charlatanism at its worst.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
you have so much issues with so many brands, people or topics

You included. In fact, I'm not at all surprised to see you coming on here to defend horrifically bad, physiologically negligent bike fits, given how ignorant and ill-informed you are about your own profession.

Careful, folks, this guy is a fit charlatan and he's coming after your money and the tendons in your knees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
tri-run wrote:
you have so much issues with so many brands, people or topics

You included. In fact, I'm not at all surprised to see you coming on here to defend horrifically bad, physiologically negligent bike fits, given how ignorant and ill-informed you are about your own profession.

Careful, folks, this guy is a fit charlatan and he's coming after your money and the tendons in your knees.

Hahaha, you gave me a good laugh. Seriously though, I didn't say anything about the saddleheights in the video, I didn't defend them at all. Again, you show that you are a bad read. But i just wondered if you want to start a thread about the saddleheight displayed in the video why you need to add the first line. You start with 'There are many reasons to despise the Purple-snatch team.......' without supporting it. You either could have started with how bad your experience with a bike fit from matt dixon was, or how you went to one of his camps and how they raised your saddle there and you got injured afterwards or how overtrained you got after following his coaching or whatever other reason.

Or just started the thread with how odd or bad or surprised you feel about the saddleheights in the video instead of being offensive right away without supporting it with facts. I don't know matt dixon or his company or any of his athletes. Maybe you're even right about him, or his company but you either support your first line so that is acceptable to put it that way based on your own experience or you could have just left it out.
Now it just feels like, again, strange that you somehow feel there is a need to offend people or companies in your posts.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOLY7N2gfRn/

Apparently this guy is the same fitting camp. A "coach" too!
Last edited by: ghettodeluxe: Feb 8, 17 1:50
Quote Reply
Re: Purplepatch Fitness: the "seat is way too high" club [ghettodeluxe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghettodeluxe wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOLY7N2gfRn/

Apparently this guy is the same fitting camp. A "coach" too!

looks like the picture was removed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You included."

you're absolutely right about the saddles in the instagram video being too high. you're absolutely out of your league in going toe to toe with jeroen in bike fit. you're a cub scout compared to him.

and this is your problem. you're the rush limbaugh of slowtwitch. you grab a grain of truth and stretch it way past any meaningful relevance.

but i understand. if you stuck with the grain people wouldn't look at you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next