Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pumpkinman Maine
Quote | Reply
How is this race? Looking for an end of the season race. Planning on the 70.3 distance. Considering this race and Rev3 OOB. Pumpkinman falls better as I am doing IMLP this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Pumpkinman Maine [yorkcb7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an excellent race course and production.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the half last year and loved it. Great atmosphere at the race.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did this as my first HIM last year and loved it. Great organization, lots of volunteers, huge post-race turkey dinner (lunch?) feast. The swim is two laps in a small pond/lake... exiting the water there is the "powder house hill" challenge. You run up a very steep hill to get to T1. I think they time the hill separately and there are prizes for the fastest of the day. The bike is mostly rolling and quite fast... no major hills, but a few of the rollers get you up and out of the saddle if you want to. The run is an out-and-back loop you do twice... with a medium-sized hill in the middle. Doing two laps of the out and back make it great for family and/or spectators to catch you a few times on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Pumpkinman Maine [seemiketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reviews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic race. Pumpkinman and Musselman are my two favorites, with the Montauk race a close third.

Pumpkinman has a great course, really well organized, and excellent post race food and atmosphere. Lots of good prizes for overall and ag places.

All of the proceeds go back to the community as well.

Quote | Reply
I highly recommend it, its a great race. Small field, 2 loop "pond" swim, rolling hills, fast run. The turkey dinner/awards after are a good time as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my opinion, there's no comparison in those two races. Rev3 puts on a good race but I'd go with Pumpkinman. The race is well run and the atmosphere (very Maine) is the best. For a hometown kind of race it kicks ass. If it wasn't the same weekend as 70.3 Worlds I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best. Race. Ever. Actually... Kona is better. But that's also in the middle of the Pacific, costs a ton of money to qualify for/enter, and is brutally challenging. In my mind Pumpkinman is the best bang for your buck race ever, and as soon as I missed out on a 70.3 WC slot in Florida this past weekend, my next move was to sign up for Pumpkinman (same weekend). I think it sells out mid-summer most years.

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you to everyone who has said such wonderful things about Pumpkinman. I, along with our community, have taken great pride in the Pumpkinman Sprint, Half Iron and Aqua Bike (which also serves at the USAT NE Regional Championship for 2014); and look forward to putting on a world class production in a small town setting.
I think, what truly sets us apart from many races, is the towns of South Berwick, Berwick and North Berwick, Maine, have embraced our athletes from day one. They feel complete ownership of the event and because of that our ratio of volunteers to athletes is 1 volunteer to every 2 athletes. From pros like Matt Russell, Mike Caiazzo, Amber Ferreira, and Karen Smyers to our very final finishers, everyone is made to feel like a champion, we all make sure of that!
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post them here or shoot me an email at Kat@pumpkinmantriathlon.com
Looking forward to seeing everyone in September....and for the record we are about 70% sold out for 2014.

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Pumpkinman Maine [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I will be registering for this event and look forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done the race every year except one. It is one of the first races I put on my schedule and is one of my favorite race. It has a small race feel, yet is run like 70.3. The course is fair and the roads are bike smooth and fast.

Mike

http://www.MikeCaiazzo.com
http://www.USProTri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were you, I would do both events :) Do our Olympic as a prep for Kat's half! That makes total sense, right?

Of course, we would love to have you, but I am pretty sure you couldn't go wrong with either selection!

Charlie
http://www.rev3tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done The Pumpkinman Triathlon every single year since I started doing triathlons. It has a great atmosphere and it's a good course. It has the BEST food after the 70.3 distance. It's a full turkey dinner followed with a beer tent. An awesome race+great food+tasty beer+good people to chat with = one heck of a good time you won't forget!

I know the field is capped so don't wait around too long because it always sells out. It's one of those races that you'll want to put on your bucket list.

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply