Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU
Quote | Reply
I pulled my hamstring last October. It seems to be getting sore all of the sudden. Not sure what I did. My plan is almost complete rest and 2, 7 min ice baths a day Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

What are your thoughts and should I be using a heating pad as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RICE of course, but I would also add some gentle stretching and massage. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:
RICE of course, but I would also add some gentle stretching and massage. Good luck.

What is RICE?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're serious...rest ice compression elevation. Good news is, looks hot enough your hamstring shouldn't be as big a concern as hydration. Look at the bright side, might help u from going harder than u should
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU [tranq19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tranq19 wrote:
If you're serious...rest ice compression elevation. Good news is, looks hot enough your hamstring shouldn't be as big a concern as hydration. Look at the bright side, might help u from going harder than u should

I have been fortunate not to deal with many injuries. I didn't know what RICE meant. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU [Roof Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steady pace running is not bad for hamstring. It's the sudden speed burst that can tweak it.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: Pulled hamstring flaring up 3 days before IMLOU [StephanM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rest, rest, rest. No clear benefit to ice, so whichever feels better: ice or heat.

Dr Jay
http://www.Tri-Pod.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get Active Release or a light massage on it (or even just use a Stick). That might help you get through it and help it to feel better. There's usually a rep for the Stick at expos. And definitely get a massage after finishing!
Quote Reply