Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pros/Cons of AG Elite Wave at HyVee ?
Quote | Reply
Any advantage to racing in the elite age group wave in the non-championship race at HyVee ? Swim wave times are not posted yet. Just curious what others are doing. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros/Cons of AG Elite Wave at HyVee ? [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Any advantage to racing in the elite age group wave in the non-championship race at HyVee ? Swim wave times are not posted yet. Just curious what others are doing. Thanks.

Your wave will start a bit earlier which is a plus. Waves/divisions are about the same in size and talent, no real separation. If you want to avoid the heat and a long delay to your start go for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on past years, there are couple of differences.

First, elite is the first non-championship wave.
Second,elite wave is a mass start, all other non-championship waves are time-trial start.

Last, I believe the prizes are better for the elite wave if you are looking at a podium finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Pros/Cons of AG Elite Wave at HyVee ? [wachman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced in it last year. Only about 5 males I think were in it.... so basically if you didn't DNF, you qualified for the championship race with free entry the following year.

Clear water on the swim...but also few to draft off of. I think they sent the 2 females out wiht us, so there was one more good swimmer to draft. It's a beach start, so nice to not be congested.

Less traffic on the bike although you get into the championship waves pretty quick anyway. But probably better than the open race.

I don't recall any prizes, just a nice medal for beating 2 people. The prizes are the 5150 championship division.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pros/Cons of AG Elite Wave at HyVee ? [wachman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I might give it a shot. I like the idea of the mass swim start better than the TT and the early send off will be nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, anyone know what prizes were for the AG Elite wave?
Quote Reply