Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile design J4 vs J5 bracket
Quote | Reply
So what's the difference between the the J4 and the J5? Everything else being equal, does the J5 offer more fore/aft movement or width movement than the the J4? If so, by how much more?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design J4 vs J5 bracket [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In X axis (reach)
J5: -77 to -39mm offset in roughly 7.5mm steps
J4: -70,-55,-40

In Y axis (stack) - pretty much the same (J5 2mm lower)

In Z axis (width) with extensions set at 100mm width
J5: 165, 202, 239, 276
J4: 240, 277

That's with the F40TT armrest on the J5. The width options triple with an F40 armrest.
J5 also has the mount for a dedicated BTA bracket (only fits at 100mm ext width)

The point of the J5 was to increase both the range and granularity of position options. It has the smallest steps in X and Z of any bar that doesn't have sliders, although you need to get to grips with the pad rotation and flipping to understand how to hit all the possibilities.

The J4 has 6 distinct XZ combos, the J5 has 40. So it's quite a big increase.
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Aug 20, 17 20:57
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design J4 vs J5 bracket [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate! This info is invaluable! It should all be on Profile design's website, but just like the aeria stem, there's not much info and you certainly can't compare.

I'm assuming that the bolt spacing on the J5 means that the F40/F40TT is the only armrest you can use? For example, my existing F35c won't be compatible? I'd like to have my pads narrower, but that's the only change I'm interested in making.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile design J4 vs J5 bracket [benb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bolt spacing is backwards compatible. The z axis distance of 18.5mm is a bit of an oddity but we didn't want to cause issues for existing customers so that was retained.
You would be able to get a bit of a decrease in width by mounting the F35C with bolts in x axis orientation rather than the z axis you have now.

There appears to be some incorrect info on the site. Will let the right people know.
Quote Reply