Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile HC hydration system feedback?
Quote | Reply
I am interested in reviews and opinions on the Profile Design HC hydration system. Pro' and con's? Stability? Ease of viewing computer? Security of computer on mount? All other info is appreciated!

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile HC hydration system feedback? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go with the FC25 or FC35 instead. More aero and a better-placed computer mount. Very good product.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm quite happy with mine but I don't use the integrated computer mount (honestly I feel like a computer back there is useless). My setup below is the Profile Design HC bottle/cage, X lab bracket, and the Zipp Vuka garmin mount. I had to cut off part of the Zipp mount to make it work with the Speed Concept's water mounting bracket. It's been a somewhat expensive and long experimentation process but I'm very happy with the result. If you have basically any cockpit other than the Speed Concept's cockpit you can replicate this setup easy enough with this package from Trisports.

Here's what I like about the HC system:
-easiest system I've come across to clean
-easy to refill and no splashing
-fixed straw works for me

Here's what I don't like about the HC system:
-I wish it was narrower... however I'm certainly in the minority as I'm capable of getting pretty narrow up front.
-I wish the aero fairing for the straw was longer as I know I'm incurring a bit of an aero penalty with the straw up like that. However, that's the solution that just works for me. I just raced sprints and olympics this year. Without the straw actually up I tend to not actually drink.
-I wish it was longer/higher capacity. This isn't really a knock so much as a "wish-list" item. If they could make the bottle longer and somehow integrate the garmin mount into the plastic cap that would be incredibly cool and useful.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with Jim.

I currently use an FC25, and have previously owned a HC.
The FC is a better designed product than the HC, looking that far down to see my Garmin on the HC was a PITA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're the type that like to tuck the straw away after each drink and bring it back up before each sip, purchase the FC. The FC does allow you to have your straw in the front or back and it will also allow you to have your straw in the up position. However, if you like the straw up all the time, the HC can carry more fluids and is easier to clean. The say that the FC can carry 25 oz, while the HC can carry 28. However, you won't be able to fill the FC to capacity without exposing yourself to spilleage over bumps, whereas the HC is spill-proof even if you fill it to capacity and hit the biggest pothole on the planet.

I like my straw being up all the time, so I like the HC more. Clipping and unclipping the straw on the FC gets old after awhile.

Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan of this bottle since I like to see my front wheel and have that space between aerobars to lean my hands into (sometimes, for change of position). Mostly due to the fact that I can't see my wheel - I don't like it. I'll be selling mine (unused) at a fraction of the cost in classifieds pretty soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile HC hydration system feedback? [Amateur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://oi62.tinypic.com/e0l7gz.jpg

Hi, I really like the Aero HC as the bottle is easy to use / fill with minimal slash when on rougher roads. I quite like that I can rest my arms against it and overall have found it a better solution than the Torhans aero 20/30. As others have said it is easy to clean and I like that I can see how much fluid I have left. The only negatives I have found is that there is only one straw position, meaning the bottle is quite far forward and the computer mount.
The original computer mount was pretty useless as it was mounted too far back but I overcame this by using a speedfil garmin mount adaptor and strap ( hopefully you can see it in the picture). This puts the garmin in a great viewing position and is shielded by my hands so hopefully not to much aero penalty.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile HC hydration system feedback? [Sanchez1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your picture looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Is this it? http://www.amazon.com/...dapter/dp/B00EZV6B0S

This thread is a bit old, but I would add that the HC is my preference. It is the only system I've seen that you can really clean well. It has never splashed, even when full to capacity. It fits my very narrow extensions. The computer mount is useless, as everyone knows. So that's the only weakness for me, and if I can find a reliable way to mount my computer on top of the bottle, I'd be thrilled.

Rick
Quote Reply
Re: Profile HC hydration system feedback? [rdbfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, yeah that's it. It seems to mount it quite secure with the velcro strap and it's easy to take on and off for cleaning of the bottle etc.
Sanchez
Quote Reply