Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Profile Design HC Bottle
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when this bottle is available for purchase? It doesn't seem to show up on the Profile Design website yet. It looks like a winner.

http://www.tririg.com/...ike_Day_2&num=21
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it will be available January... here are some pics ive found- looks like Timo Bracht and a few others were riding it at Kona this year.

Last edited by: Kona Cat: Nov 5, 12 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [Kona Cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is the pic from the tri-rig review- i like this bottle, its clean, simple, aero and looks good. Looking forward to getting one...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea if this will fit in a standard bottle cage or will it have its own mounting system?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [Herbie Handcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will fit in most standard bottle cages, the one it will come with will do just fine, if you buy the bottle seperatly, ive been told the best cage is the Bontrager RXL Lite...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great photos!
You are correct in the January arrival as our goal. We have a few small things we are working out before we release it. We did have a few athletes in Kona testing it and they gave us some great feedback.

JD
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [JD@ProfileTech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD@ProfileTech wrote:
Great photos!
You are correct in the January arrival as our goal. We have a few small things we are working out before we release it. We did have a few athletes in Kona testing it and they gave us some great feedback.

JD

I have some feedback just by looking at it. Most people are right handed, so they would be grabbing their bottle to refill this thing with their right hand. From the pictures, it looks like the refill cap opens up to the right, but wouldn't this make it harder to:

a - open with your left hand; and
b - to fill the bottle with your right hand

Is the lid adjustable to either side??

Also, does it come with a bottle mount that would have a computer mount/attachment behind it or built in? I thought I saw a picture of that somewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

what you are looking at is the hinge- the cap opens from right to left- in other words, it swings from right to left- thus it accomadates the majority of people who are right handed...see pic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

from the tririg pics, here you can see the mounting bracket plus computer mount behind the bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any news about this bottle yet? Has anyone bought it already? I do find it on some websites, without an estimated delivery date. In Europe it seems to be non-existent.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [Maca944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told by a profile design representative that it would be on sale this month.

I have my LBS working on getting one asap

TEAM ZOOT 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [Maca944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are being produced as we speak, delivered to the warehouse- and hopefully should be in stores by end of month early april at latest...it is a really, really nice product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is pretty cool.
great for sprint/oly
can take it out when you are training really easily.

want to be careful you use a secure cage though so you don't lose it!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. I have been waiting for this thing to come into production and have been back and forth a bit with the Profile rep here (JD@ProfileTech ). He is saying by May they will be in warehouses. I want to get one before my first main race in June....Syracuse 70.3. Not sure that is going to happen though. This is the solution I have been waiting for!
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say it is also great for any distance including ironman as it can re-filled as you go (also holds 25+ ounces)... it is actualy very secure in its mount, kind of snaps in place when you slide it into the cage and does not move at all- no slip or torque effect when opening. The production has taken a bit of time but it is only because they wanted to get it right the first time. It will be worth the wait...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drluke12 wrote:
Does anyone know when this bottle is available for purchase? It doesn't seem to show up on the Profile Design website yet. It looks like a winner.http://www.tririg.com/...ike_Day_2&num=21

This is sweet, it's on my birthday list to replace my old PD aero drink system which is apparently not so aero.

Frickin' bottle is holding me back from being a pro...

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Mar 16, 13 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some more shots on the TriRig site with this new bottle. Looks good. Hopefully we'll see it on sale soon. 4 shots starting with this one:

http://www.tririg.com/...nside_Expo&num=8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of things that would be cool for version 2.0 of this bottle:
Make the current "bottom" of the bottle (the end closest to the rider) have threads and a flat twist on cap so that you can 1) easily clean the bottle and 2) flip around the bottle so that the straw part is closer to the front (by reversing which ends you put the bulleted cap and flat twist on cap.
If you indeed fip the bottle around, then the aero mast feature and the aero smoothing of the fill cap should be able to be reversed as well.
With these simple changes I'd think you'd have a bottle that will fit more preferences of where the straw is in relation to your face.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any similar BTA bottles on the cheap that can also be refilled?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [unicat141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Speedfill BTA is similar but not as clean looking. I think their straw contraption is terrible looking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona Cat wrote:
They are being produced as we speak, delivered to the warehouse- and hopefully should be in stores by end of month early april at latest...it is a really, really nice product.

Any more recent update on this? At least the website shows this product now

http://www.profile-design.com/...ystem-is-coming.html

Just not sure if it is possible to order one?? Anyone heard anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this one. The top will go on just about any bottle. http://invisciddesign.com/A2.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little over a week out.

JD - Product Development
Profile Design | FIST Certified | Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter | Find a Dealer
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design HC Bottle [JD@ProfileTech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD@ProfileTech wrote:
A little over a week out.

Price?
Quote Reply

Prev Next