Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design Aero HC bottle and flexible straw
Quote | Reply
Has anyone switched from the rigid straw that ships with the HC bottle to a flexible one? If so, what did you use? Did you cut down an old camelbak straw or just buy some plastic tubing? And did you then add a camelbak-style bite valve?

Thanks,
-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aero HC bottle and flexible straw [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I inserted a couple of photo but guess don't know how to do it right. Came out too big.

I added a rubber grommet because I didn't like the way with liquid would still slip out between the straw & bottle wall when going over bumps. So I then
I made my own straw & it has worked well without leaking.
The bottom tubing is 3/8" OD translucent tubing & the top part 7/16" clear vinyl tube that the bite value I like slips over.
The rubber grommet size is 5/16" x 7/16" and it fits nicely into the bottle.

Last edited by: BarbBikeTechie: Apr 27, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aero HC bottle and flexible straw [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good question, I've cut my straw down due to it being too long. Down in aero the straw was right where my head was.

Even with it shorter its not great and I've almost poked myself in the eye glancing down at my computer... thanks sunglasses or face shield for saving me there.

The mod like above looks good to me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Felt like I was going to poke an eye out on the old straw. I bought a replacement Speedfil straw and used it without problems. It is flexible enough to tuck out of the way.
https://speedfil.com/replacement-parts/drink-tube-replacement
Quote Reply