Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Professionals on Treadmills
Quote | Reply
I love twitter. more and more of late I am seeing pictures of Professionals running on treadmills.

They aren't advertising brands, they are actually just running.

most a once a week. if not more.

so a few questions?

1. Speed sessions?
2. How many times a week would they be doing them?
3. What would they be doing?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Professionals on Treadmills [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
I love twitter. more and more of late I am seeing pictures of Professionals running on treadmills.

so a few questions?

1. Speed sessions?

Speed sessions, long sessions, tempos session, recovery sessions. Some might be running once a week, some might do every run on a treadmill. Tons of benefits from less pounding, more consistent environment, time-efficient, focus on turnover, focus on form, can work on strength.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

so a few questions?

1. Speed sessions?

Check out Siri Lindley's instagram account.

1. It IMO she posts cool stuff
2. Inspirational stuff
3. (relevant to this post) She posts videos of her world class athletes running on treadmills way more than she does on a road or trail.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi PJC,

I personally am a very big fan and preacher of treadmill workouts. For multiple reasons;

1) Allowing athletes to handle/manage higher weekly run volumes
2) Injury prevention and injury management
3) Aiding the speed of recovery after run sessions in order for following days work to be less hampered.

I personally hit the treadmill anywhere between 1 - 3 times in a week. Generally either a second run on a double run day is on the treadmill or a specific high tempo session that requires a hard day following I'll often jump on the TM. So for me personally it really depends on what type of load my body is under, how fragile I feel my body is and/or how much benefit I will get out of running TM versus road for a given session. A number of my social media posts go further into detail of my TM running, the reasons and some posts contain video of TM running.

https://www.facebook.com/...hp?v=831112480262179

Enjoy it and good luck in 2015.

London 2012 Olympian : 6 x IRONMAN 70.3 Winner : 2014 Challenge Bahrain Champion : 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 Champion : Master of Human Nutrition - Twitter: @helle_f Facebook: /helletri Web: hellefrederiksen.com

Sponsors: Uplace-BMC Pro Triathlon - Nike - Sands Beach Active - NormaTec - Bragi - Hotbox Roasters
Quote Reply