Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a good product for keeping glasses/visor from fogging up on the bike in humid/wet conditions ?
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Anyone know of a good product for keeping glasses/visor from fogging up on the bike in humid/wet conditions ?

I treat mine the same as my goggles. Johnson&Johnson Baby Shampoo and a quick rinse.
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saliva
Always with me, always works.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's been my go to as well, but distorts clarity a bit and can be distracting to apply at high speeds. looking for something to apply before races so I can forget about it and see hazards on roads I'm not use to riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had pretty good success with using rain-x. The water droplets will accumulate but they seem to coalesce so vision is not impaired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old moto racing trick is to clean and dry visor
Then buff on dish soap
Works great, but doesn't last long.

You can also checkout "cat crap"
It's a good product but dish soap is handy.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borden wrote:
Then buff on dish soap

Cat crap is amazing for ski goggles...will have to try it on sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [RandyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting. wonder if its safe to use on inside of lenses or if potential irritant to cornea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as goggles - baby shampoo.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
interesting. wonder if its safe to use on inside of lenses or if potential irritant to cornea.

yeah I would be worried about liquid (rain, tears, sweat) picking up some of the product and carrying it into the eye. I like the baby shampoo as it is proven mild on eyes and works good after a rinse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to foggle about 5 years ago. It does the trick for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [mjp202] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I thought you guys were joking. Didn't know this was a thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Borden wrote:
Then buff on dish soap

Specifically, the congealed dish soap that always seems to build up around the cap/top of the bottle. Rub a small blob of it into the lens, then buff clear.
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [dirtbag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtbag wrote:
I switched to foggle about 5 years ago. It does the trick for me.

+1 Foggies are great!

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dawn dish soap on glasses, goggles, face shields for road bike and hockey helmet for years and years. Prevents fog, acts as a water shield (rain x), except it can cause halos or light trails if you don't wipe it off enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
inside, outside or both?
Quote Reply
Re: Product for keeping glasses/visor fog free in humid/wet conditions ? [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team_Doc28 wrote:
inside, outside or both?

I've only ever used it on the inside of lenses.

A lot of manufacturers (Oakley is one, I believe) advise against using anything on the coated exterior of their lenses - not sure if that's a legitimate concern, or a way to sell their own products. I did Rain-X the exterior of my Bell visor before Challenge AC because of forecasted rain, but the weather ended up being good so I didn't get to see how well it worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TYR makes a spray for goggles that also will work on your glasses.
Quote Reply