Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pro Bike Kit got me!
Quote | Reply
After ordering two Di2 batteries months ago and a number of e-mails sent back and forth asking me to give delivery more time.I get a e-mail from PBK that, After 40days they can not Track shipment,offer refund or replacement. We are sorry for any inconvenience.I used Pay Pal and they of no help(again too much time went by). Guess I am done with PBK.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [VJL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is sh!tty business if what you're saying is true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea think I ran into this last summer (13) waiting for some tires that never showed up. I'd used PayPal but charged it to my Amex card. I was able to get the $80 back by opening a dispute the charge thru am ex. Like you decided was done with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap. I order all my tires and inner tubes from PBK. I have probably made 10 separate purchases from them over the years and have never had any issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wouldnt give up, keep the pressure on them. Post on their pages, etc. Dont stop until you get the result you want.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you transfer funds from your bank to PayPal or use your credit card via PayPal? If so, call them and put in a claim.

---------------------------------------------------
Oregon Ducks Custom Painted Jack Kane: http://kanebikes.com/...l-bike-galleries/787
http://www.kanebikes.com/ || Road & Triathlon Bicycles. Custom Painting. Carbon Repair. Restoration. HQ'd in North Carolina
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [kanebikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too had good buying experiences prior to this, buying Conti 4000 tires a few times from PBK. At the time I had a balance in my Pay Pal account if not they take out of a checking account.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A PBK shipment of mine never showed up. I filled out their form and had a refund within a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait, what? no refund? That's stealing.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by steve1128 [ In reply to ]
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [steve1128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue but from a different company (big in the triathlon world here). shipping is from California but never received the goods. Looks like UPS and USPS dropped the ball and lost tons of shipments during the holidays. Called the company and basically the same thing PBK did to you. Wait 30+ days, file a claim, etc. I ended up calling my credit card and file a claim instead. More frustrating, it was a Christmas gift for my wife.

As for PBK, ordered tons of stuff from them and never had issues with them.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up. Know who I will not be buying from.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [steve1128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered something from them on Jan 6 and received it today.

Just FYI for anyone. My order was over $200 ($202) so it got inspected for customs.

Duty was $.70 but the total fee was $22.20 so I got hosed pretty good on that one. Perhaps if I kept it under $200 I would have saved the $22.20. I have no problem paying duty but another $21.50 is BS.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I order from them from time to time. I have one order that recently shipped. The order before that took 4-5 weeks to arrive.

Other than slow shipping because the package get held up in customs I have only had 1 issue. I ordered 4 Continental GP4Ks tires and they sent 2. I let them know and they refunded the money for the items I didn't receive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered tires from them at the beginning of December - sent an email on January 20th informing them they hadn't arrived - then they arrived the next day - over 45 days for the delivery. With any luck you might still get your order - but it is unnerving in this immediate delivery world we live in when something takes that long to arrive. This seems to be a consistent issue with Pro Bike according to other forums/posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. Ive had nothing but good experiences with PBK. Hopefully you have a solid resolution with them in then end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Argh. Ordered a bunch of nutrition stuff from them from NZ - wish I'd been able to see this thread first. Tracking OK so far.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [davecochrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same for me. They replied to tracking inquiry and said they'd resend. That was 3 months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonderful. I think I'll cancel and claim a refund from the bank...and point them at this thread for the reasons. I need the stuff now, not in three months! What a bummer.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind customs can take their sweet ass time and hold your package their as long as they want. I would guess most packages get to the US within 3-5 days and then they sit and wait to be 'inspected' to ensure its not from a terrorist.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

Just FYI for anyone. My order was over $200 ($202) so it got inspected for customs.

Duty was $.70 but the total fee was $22.20 so I got hosed pretty good on that one. Perhaps if I kept it under $200 I would have saved the $22.20. I have no problem paying duty but another $21.50 is BS.

jaretj

Understand the duty cost, but what was the 'fee' for?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Bike Kit got me! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
jaretj wrote:

jaretj

PBK contacts with a shipper (Forgetting the name of that shipper at the moment). This shipper claims they are offering a service to pre-clear your package. I had a similar situation where I was charged ~$20 processing on $2 in customs fees. There was nothing I could do--I had to pay or they'd not release my package.

The email I got from the processor looked very much like phishing, too.

That was my last order with PBK; over the years I had many but this was the final straw for me. I find Wiggle & Ribble to be much better these days.

I did complain to PBK and they credited my account for the processing fee so at least that was something.

I'm not opposed to paying a processing fee, but this was excessive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
jaretj wrote:

jaretj

In Canada they call it "brokerage" IIRC….. when getting stuff from the states I will never use UPS or Fed Ex over the border.

…...or retailers which don't specifically use USPS.

Too many questions as to what it will cost in the end, never had an issue with USPS

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, I must have gotten lucky...

I ordered linear pull CX brakes, GP4000s and a couple chains from PBK... 2 months later nothing. Filled in their form and had a refund within a week.

So what is everyone's favourite place to buy GP4000s these days?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is from the email (Air City Post), at first I though it was phishing too so I checked them out and not a lot of people said good things about them. I actually replied to the email, they responded rather quickly and in English that I would expect to see. This order took longer than other orders I've placed with them.

I like ProBikeKit but that added $20 just blew out any savings I could have had.

You are required to pay the following United States Customs Duty and related fees in order to clear customs and have your parcel shipped to you:

Customs Duty: $0.70
Advancement Fee: $6.50
Handling Fee: $15.00
TOTAL: $22.20
Why do I have to pay Duty?
What are the fees for?
Where can I get more information?

Please click here to complete the payment process.

Once payment has been made and US Customs releases your parcel, it will be delivered in 3-5 days. You can track your parcel by clicking here.

We will hold your parcel 19 days. If payment is not paid by then, your parcel will be returned to the Shipper.

Please contact me at the email address below with any questions or concerns
Quote Reply

Prev Next