Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Previously ran in Newton Distance S .........
Quote | Reply
Anyone switch to a different Newton shoe from the Distance and like it even more?

I am extremely pleased with the Distance and really have no reason to change but always looking to improve.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Previously ran in Newton Distance S ......... [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have liked the Newton Distances but I'm interested in finding a more cushioned shoe but similar forefoot. I've tried Hoka shoes but they're too narrow in the forefoot and I get horrendous blisters. I tried Altras as well and while I like the shape I need a little more drop.

doctorironman.blogspot.com |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the Gravity for a few years but picked up a pair of Fates on sale and really liked them. On my second pair now and use the Fate for most of my training runs. Still keep the gravity for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ran in the distance for 6 years and it's still my favorite. I recently have been expirmenting with Hokas and have the same thoughts as you. The only shoe for me that I am just as happy running in with slightly more cushion is the Brooks Pureflow (v4). I've heard mixed things about the v5 and not sure where the latest one stands but check them out. May be just what your looking for and reasonably cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Previously ran in Newton Distance S ......... [gerardm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in the distance s for a long time. No issues apart from the cost, couldn't buy them locally. Accidentally happened upon nike lunaracers which I would never have previously considered and very happy since. I have a pair of Hoka Vanquish, new model, but I only wear them if my legs are trashed, I find them too soft and bouncy. When I wore the distance s again I found them hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am considering a switch as well from newton distance s.
wondering if anyone has done similarly or used the altra escalante.
something with similar weight, forefoot fit, ventilation and road feel.
Quote Reply
Re: Previously ran in Newton Distance S ......... [arteves] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arteves wrote:
I am considering a switch as well from newton distance s.
wondering if anyone has done similarly or used the altra escalante.
something with similar weight, forefoot fit, ventilation and road feel.

If you like more cushion you should get either the gravity 6 or distance 6, much more cushioning due to the new material and by far the most cushioned newton's ever.

The review will be on ST soon

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Previously ran in Newton Distance S ......... [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you find you can actually FEEL greater weight in the Gravity vs the Distance when running?
It's nominal and maybe just mental for me but I am concerned that there is enough difference that it may be too much to race in the Gravity?
I'm assuming the Fate just doesn't have enough support / cushion to be a "race" shoe?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had 2 pairs of the distance that I loved but my latest pair is the Fate are a solid shoe and a good bang for the buck. I do feel the extra weight and cushioning of the Fate and prefer the ride of the Distance but the Fate is a great training shoe that has held up really well for over 500 miles and you can often find them on the web for $50 or less. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on another pair of Newton's not sure whether they will be the Fate or Distance; I will probably choose value over feel since I spend so much money on tri stuff.

I should also say that I came from the Brooks Pure line which I liked but could definitely feel a breakdown between 200-300 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Distance 6 feels lighter then the new Gravity 6, both of them are much more cushioned then the previous models partly due to this new layer of TPU (adidas boost-ish / saucony everun-ish) material.
So the new Distance is still lighter in feel then the Gravity only much more cushy then the Distance 5. One of my comments in the review will be that it is so cushy, in my opinion, that it feels less as an active racer. But i like it a lot for 70.3 races.

Hopes this helps

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply