Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Press Fit 30A to GXP question
Quote | Reply
If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it:

My 2016 supersix hi mod uses a "pressfit 30a" - basically a pressfit 30 with 5 more mm on the non drive side totalling 73) and finding a conversion for a GXP grank (that has my power meter and Q rings) has been tricky. Currently using a press fit 30 flush on the drive side and flush AND without a rubber cover on the non-drive side with a Wheels Mfg outboard SRAM GXP press fit. I don't like using wheels spacers, and I do know that BBInfinite sells one of these at about $200.

Before I go that route, does anyone out there have this solution or perhaps know of a BB company that might sell this item.
Quote Reply
Re: Press Fit 30A to GXP question [Jmurray77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is your PM a Quarq, P2M, SRM or Stages with SRAM GXP crank arms?

If the first 3 you could just get new BB30 crank arms and swap them out on your power meter spider. They are interchangeable for SRAM crank arms (both BB30/PF30 and GXP have the exact same spider interface). If you have a Stages then you can't.

3 Bolt SRAM cranks are easy to find (Force 22 / 1x cranks all have that setup). If you have 8 bolt setup like the new DZero models or Quarq Elsa RS (I believe those are 8 bolt too) then those are bit harder to find on the new or used market.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Feb 15, 18 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: Press Fit 30A to GXP question [Jmurray77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jmurray77 wrote:
If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it:

My 2016 supersix hi mod uses a "pressfit 30a" - basically a pressfit 30 with 5 more mm on the non drive side totalling 73) and finding a conversion for a GXP grank (that has my power meter and Q rings) has been tricky. Currently using a press fit 30 flush on the drive side and flush AND without a rubber cover on the non-drive side with a Wheels Mfg outboard SRAM GXP press fit. I don't like using wheels spacers, and I do know that BBInfinite sells one of these at about $200.

Before I go that route, does anyone out there have this solution or perhaps know of a BB company that might sell this item.

I'm not clear on what you're currently using to fit your GXP crank to the PF30A BB, but if I understand correctly you want an all-in-one PF30A to GXP conversion bottom bracket that includes 24/22mm ID bearings without the need for reducer bushings/spacers.

There are press-in PF30A to GXP BB versions available from Kogel, C-Bear and HSC. Token makes a thread-together version. And there is the BBInfinite press-in sleeve option you mention (also available from Hambini).
Quote Reply
Re: Press Fit 30A to GXP question [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a ton. My current setup (temporary) is the wheels manufacturing press fit 30 outboard gxp with no spacer of any kind on the drive side and bare surface (no rubber outer cover) on the non drive side. The addition of the cover adds just enough to make it not torque to spec without significant binding. I’m also a little uneasy about how close my inner chainring is to the chainstay... but that could be paranoia. It doesn’t touch and there’s a few millimeters of clearance.

I hate the adapter spacers from Wheels as I’ve never gotten good fit on the non drive side and they just seem sort of “meh” overall. I am running stages so I need GXP. I will check out all of the options listed. Thanks so much for your help!
Quote Reply