Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Premier product review after IMAZ
Quote | Reply
I don't normally post but I feel compelled to write a quick review of some of Dan Kennison's products, which I am sure most of you are familiar with. I've raced with Enve and HED wheels, primarily, using disc covers in place of a full disc wheel in the races I felt comfortable with the conditions. I knew headed into IM Arizona that I wanted to run a "real" disc (they are way cooler, after all) but I also needed it to have another couple of criteria:

1) Not be a Zipp Super 9 ($2500+ is ridiculous!) or the like
2) Be easy to change tubes and install the tire bead (the HED wheels are a real struggle for me)

My fiance, who posts here, suggested I ask Dan about his comfort disc. I had used his chain at 70.3 Worlds this year and managed to come in 2nd in my AG despite my fiance installing the quick link wrong (he has been shamed relentlessly) and experiencing some gear skipping in my 52x11. I was happy with the chain nonetheless, as it gave me confidence that I was taking advantage of all of my watts.

Dan responded to my email inquiry within 5 minutes of me filling out the "general contact" form on his website. We had some back and forth and even spoke on the phone. He reassured me as to the ease of use of his disc and the fact that it's just as aero as most flat discs on the market (if not more so), so I took the plunge and ordered it.

I used the disc on Sunday with a 60mm front wheel and couldn't have been more pleased. My fiance also liberally used the newly released Premier Lube on the racing chain and also, thankfully, had installed the quick link correctly this time. I didn't use a lot of watts on race day but because all of the low hanging fruit boxes were checked I biked a 5:02 and had a really successful day! I ended up with a Kona slot and a top female bike time. Every second counted for me as the top female amateur race ended up being very close (1-3 amateur females were separated by about 3 min). Fast equipment ended up being a key factor.

My main point of this post is that you don't have to spend a lot of money to have really fast and high quality products. When I first got into the sport my bike shop sold me a lot of nice stuff but there was no process of education, something that Dan - for example - does really well. He describes in great detail the source of all of his theories/data and gives you a lot of confidence in his product because he has a lot of confidence.

Thanks for reading!

- Christine
Last edited by: hoff: Nov 21, 17 6:55
Quote Reply
Re: Premier product review after IMAZ [hoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So awesome Christine! Congrats on a great race, and you certainly capped off a pretty stellar race season. I actually didn't know Premier had a $700 disc wheel until now, which is pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I believe I saw a blue Premier Disk on a non Premier bike, definitely stood out of the crowd.
These wheels are in my top three wish list items!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much for the product(s) review.

Triathlon is a real passion for so many of us, a way of life and a wonderful sport. At Premier, we are committed to providing high quality products at reasonable prices. It's an honor to have been able to follow your race - to have someone of your caliber using our products is really exciting for me personally.

Thank you.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply