Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option
Quote | Reply
I just noticed that Dan Kennison is offering a finance option on the Tactical 1.0 bike - great move Dan......
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [Mrg0402] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mrg0402 wrote:
I just noticed that Dan Kennison is offering a finance option on the Tactical 1.0 bike - great move Dan......

Where do you see that? Don't see anything under "payment methods" on their website about that option. If so, agree its a good move and will be surprised if others don't start offering same option. Actually, wonder why others who have been around longer haven't offered. With prices continuing to go up for a top quality bike, it's almost like buying a car.....new or used.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 - We just got the option set up. I have had a few athletes ask if we could do something to make it easier to purchase. Even with our very competitive pricing a bike is a big purchase. You can use the option for a Bike, Frame-set, Wheels, Hard Case and Optimized Chains or any combination of items.

We now offer PayPal, most of the credit cards as well as this new third party finance option. When you get to the check-out page you will see the option along with the regular methods of payment. If a customer would like that option they are asked a few additional questions and the process takes a few minutes.

You can also click to get full details before you proceed.

Below is some of their pre-approved language:

Get the flexibility to pay over time

1. Enjoy an easy­to­use, revolving line of credit and spread your purchases over time with convenient, stress­free low APR financing offers. Know exactly how much you pay each month and in total. You'll receive monthly statements to remind you when payments are due.

There are a few ways to pay over time for which you may be approved:

• ● Planned Payments: 6 to 36 month payment terms available at a reduced promo APR rate.

• ● Flexible Month­to­Month: No fixed term commitment. You can pay your balance in full or make the minimum monthly payment (interest charges may apply) ­ it's your choice”.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it to see what the rates are, the 'Klarna' option on the payment screen. For Canada, says not available. For US says won't work, for Singapore, says not available.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee - it is only available (for me) in the US. I know they are a very large player in retail and on-line finance in Europe, Australia and New Zeland. This is the same company ROKA is using and they have been expanding quickly in the US. The base rate is 9.99% but may vary ...I don't have any control or in-put on the rate. I do know that it will tell you exactly what the total costs will be and what the monthly payments will be before you complete the purchase.

We tested the site many times yesterday for all products and it was working fine. I will check it now and have Klarna check it as well. They have been great to work with.

Note: After checking - I went to the site and then clicked "Shop", then "Tactical 1.0" on that page you will see the word "KLARNA" in black type on the product page. If you click on "KLARNA" a full page drop box appears and shows 9.99%, $179.00/mo and some additional information. That was for me (so maybe it is different based on location) and includes my state and local taxes, freight etc.. and before I filled in any additional data....hope that helps.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: Mar 10, 17 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put in a US address, but maybe it can tell I'm coming in from Canada. No worries.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should never finance something that is not either your house, your car or your education. This is just plain stupid. If you cant afford an expensive bike, then dont buy it. Really, really bad financial advice. An 10% APR is extremely expensive.

Same goes for insurances. Never insure something that is not absolutely necessary. Health insurance etc is very important but never insure your toys.

Please, please please dont put yourself in a hole by financing a bike that loses it value right of the lot and is just a toy.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Bike - Tactical 1.0 Finance Option [bentus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, I was just wondering what rate they were charging. One of our LBS's started a similar program, and it charges 18% interest rate!!

If you decided to do it anyway, I'd do it on a credit line from your bank, which would likely be more like 6%. Still not a good idea though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bentus wrote:
You should never finance something that is not either your house, your car or your education. This is just plain stupid. If you cant afford an expensive bike, then dont buy it. Really, really bad financial advice. An 10% APR is extremely expensive.

Same goes for insurances. Never insure something that is not absolutely necessary. Health insurance etc is very important but never insure your toys.

Please, please please dont put yourself in a hole by financing a bike that loses it value right of the lot and is just a toy.

For some here, it's probably more than just a "toy".....could be an integral part of a way of life......could be. And what is "absolutely necessary" could have different meanings to different people. What is "stupid" to some, may not be to others. Some people might say don't finance a car.....that also loses value "right off the lot". Everyone has their own priorities. If someone wants a nice bike now but is lacking cash at this point......but maybe knows they are getting paid their bonus in a couple months, financing could be an option. I'm not recommending......but also don't recommend painting financing something with such a broad brush because you might live by certain criteria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bentus - I understand your point of view. We have simply had a number of athletes ask for a finance option along with things like adding a PayPal option etc.. which we did. Even at the very competitive prices that PremierBike is offering ....it's still a big purchase.

I never know anyone's particular situation - I'm just creating options for customers.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bentus wrote:

Talk about bad (and contradictory) financial advice.
Last edited by: PubliusValerius: Mar 10, 17 15:39
Quote Reply