Bad timing, same weekend as Du NATS
Bummed
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [Kylebutler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kylebutler wrote:
Bad timing, same weekend as Du NATS
Bummed
Where did you see that? Hope they don't fold the series already.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [Kylebutler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GA last year, WA and WI so far this year. Small fields (<100) at AL last year and AZ this season.

No one really knows about it, they've invested a ton of money into the series itself and almost nothing into getting people there.

If you build it, they will come does not apply to duathlon. You're going to have to do 2x the marketing to get half the people vs a triathlon.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: May 22, 15 19:51
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received email this morning. Have non refundable tickets to Chicago already. Can can cancel hotel & car.
Sad to see this. Was offered to others races in series but learned my lesson.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
GA last year, WA and WI so far this year. Small fields (<100) at AL last year and AZ this season.

No one really knows about it, they've invested a ton of money into the series itself and almost nothing into getting people there.

If you build it, they will come does not apply to duathlon. You're going to have to do 2x the marketing to get half the people vs a triathlon.

Very sad indeed..

My mouse finger is itching to hit "REGISTER NOW" for Alabma and Florida.. But with the constant cancellations that would be a fool Hardy thing to do..

And thus, continues the downward spiral of Powerman...

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they refund for Wisconsin?

I would like to register for a few of their fall events, but I am leery of sending them any money with the threat of cancellation.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same thought. They created a death spiral for the other races by canceling these. Strange how duathlon is so much more popular in Europe and just can't get a foothold in the U.S..
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning on making Powerman MI my fall A-race. I was concerned that the race might be canceled so I sent an email to Powerman inquiring about previous cancellations. Here's the replay from Kenny Krell, National Event Director, Powerman North America:

"... those cancellations along with one in Europe the same day as Wisconsin spawned a new contract with cities and host venues in that unless there is a catastrophic incident or weather there will be no more cancellations. As both of those were completely out of our control we lost thousands of dollars in all the work, travel, and promotions we did for those two events. So there will be no more cancellations unless what I mentioned occurs. We do hope to have you out, it will be one of the most iconic Powerman events in the world in Frankenmuth and I have set up a pretty fantastic course as well."

I hope the Powerman North America series takes off. Back in the day, I always liked competing in duathlons in the spring and fall.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerman WI cancelled [Bru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that's true although I don't know how you force a new contract on a race producer if there was already one in place. I'm thinking of ending my year with a couple of duathlons including Powerman Florida. It's a looooong season down here!
Quote Reply