https://www.indiegogo.com/...-pedal-6-ways#/story

Unless I'm missing something...
Quote Reply
Re: Powercranks knockoff on Indiegogo? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats going to be awesome at making me a both feet going round at the same time together cyclist - cos I'm all about the specificity, and thats specifically how my bike works........
Quote Reply
Re: Powercranks knockoff on Indiegogo? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
https://www.indiegogo.com/...-pedal-6-ways#/story

Unless I'm missing something...

I wonder about that patent. Doesn't even seem to mention Powercranks.

I skimmed through the patent and, based on my limited understanding of patent law, this is an "improvement" on an existing patent. The improvements (such as being able to remotely lock and unlock the crank) are theirs but that doesn't allow them to infringe on powercranks' use of independent one-way clutches (which they also use) to allow for independent crank movement.

I'm also shocked they didn't mention the powercrank patent. It's almost as if the examiner didn't do his/her homework. Generally the examiner will do their own independent search of existing patents/prior art. Perhaps they're just overloaded these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dealing w my own patent issue right now and it is something pretty similar- something ANYONE in the industry would know as prior art but somehow slipped by the patent people... Overloaded... Yeah, let's go with that description.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow. i'm waiting for the day when I see someone do that 'm4 sync both feet 360' out in the world.
i didn't think i'd ever see anyone on the moving eliptical machine, and now i have, so this must be next.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by caronbicycle [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely not a knockoff. If you look close enough at the patent, you'll see that a patent for a multi-functional pedaling motion bicycle was filed 2 months prior to that of the powercranks patent.
Quote Reply