Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power on 145 cranks
Quote | Reply
The shortest crank length I can enter for my power meter is 165, but I'm riding on Cobb 145's. So does this have much of an impact on the power meter readings? For training and racing it probably doesn't matter--as long as the numbers are consistent. But based on a different thread, I think people were saying that it takes a little more force to hold the same gearing/cadence on shorter cranks than longer ones--is that right? So would that mean my power meter is going to read low? That is, I'm putting out more power than it calculates because it is using 165 as the crank length, and if it were using 145 I would get a different (higher) calculation??

For example--if I'm in a 53x16 at 95 rpms on a Lemond revolution trainer, my power meter has me putting out about 305-308 watts. My pm calculates this based on 165 cranklength. Does the fact that I'm actually on 145's skew this in any direction??
Quote Reply
Re: Power on 145 cranks [Hesiod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends where your power meter is located whether it matters what the crank length is. What type do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Power on 145 cranks [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power tap c1 chainrings.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Power on 145 cranks [Hesiod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that any crank length setting will have an effect on the power reading of the c1 chainrings. They are calibrated to the chainrings themselves, not the crank arm.
Quote Reply