Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power2max, Classic vs S type *Purchased* With great Service.
Quote | Reply
Okay, I have decide on a power2max power meter for my transition and plan to order it today or tomorrow. I will be getting the FAS Gossamer to replace my 105 compact crank.

My question is do I get the Classic @ $499

Or the S type at $610.00

Weight is no important as my bike is a pig anyway. Having to use a specific battery type may drive me crazy I will have to mail order a few spares). Money left in the budget goes to a new pair of shoes.
Last edited by: Triagain2: Aug 31, 15 13:07
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain2 wrote:
Having to use a specific battery type may drive me crazy I will have to mail order a few spares).
Amazon sells a 5 pack for less than $9.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LVMG4DI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No experience with the Type S but my classic has been rock solid for its first 9 mos of use.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [jpbari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you just purchase it?

If so why did you go with the classic vs S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 3 P2M Classics and they've all been faultless. Probably replace the one on my race bike with a Type S to save a quarter of a watt, but besides that they're functionally the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to take the crank off to change the battery on the Type S in my experience with a Rotor crankset. On the classic you just take of the cover on the front. I asked what the advantages of the types s were on the P2max thread and about all they said was it was a little lighter and used any battery. Might also be possible to use solid chainrings, but not sure on that. The classic you definitely can't due to where the battery goes in.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [Nobbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobbie wrote:
You have to take the crank off to change the battery on the Type S in my experience with a Rotor crankset. On the classic you just take of the cover on the front. I asked what the advantages of the types s were on the P2max thread and about all they said was it was a little lighter and used any battery. Might also be possible to use solid chainrings, but not sure on that. The classic you definitely can't due to where the battery goes in.

Wanna bet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weight and aero chain rings are not important to me. I ordered the classic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy. Mine has been great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, didn't see your question until now. I went with the classic for purely financial reasons.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [jpbari] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. I think that is my biggest concern at this time as well. The site states the classic is as accurate as the S type.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Wanna bet?

Awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Nobbie wrote:

Wanna bet?

What chainring is that? Thanks!

http://www.maggieroses.com
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type [maggierose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an Osymetric style 54t made by Fibre-Lyte.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobbie wrote:
You have to take the crank off to change the battery on the Type S in my experience with a Rotor crankset.

This is going to be frame specific. On my new Cervelo S2 I don't have to remove my Rotor 3D+ crank to replace the battery. I bought a special (longer) screwdriver to make the process easier. The Type S is lighter and also gets you the virtual L/R power balance feature.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type *Purchased* With great Service. [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I have ordered A classic version.

The Power2max crew were awesome, and walked me through which product I needed based on bike etc. Looking forward to seeing before the end of the week.

Will update on how it all works if anyone is interested in purchasing one as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Power2max, Classic vs S type *Purchased* With great Service. [Triagain2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triagain2 wrote:
So I have ordered A classic version.

The Power2max crew were awesome, and walked me through which product I needed based on bike etc. Looking forward to seeing before the end of the week.

Will update on how it all works if anyone is interested in purchasing one as well.

pretty sure dcrainmaker already has that covered
Quote Reply