Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Potts signs with Ceepo
Quote | Reply
From his website he's now associated with ceepo and wattie ink.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:

Man, he has such a strong commitment to having terrible equipment.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously????? Man, wonder who his consultants are? Junk and junk.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of surprised it wasn't canyon given their recent entrance into the US market

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
aerobean wrote:

Man, he has such a strong commitment to having terrible equipment.

Is Ceepo product bad/slow? I ask honestly. I've only ever fit 2, and have no experience aero testing them.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Is Ceepo product bad/slow? I ask honestly. I've only ever fit 2, and have no experience aero testing them.

Honestly, I have no idea. I would never ride one, I consider it similar in aerodynamic quality to a kestrel. I could be mistaken.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy just needs to retire. Ceepo....really?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any actual reason for why they're bad other than gut reactions?
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll have to find the article I read but I think I remember the creator of Ceepo saying he didn’t care about bicycle aerodynamics and created designs based off what he thought looked cool.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, that's a shame, although now that you mentioned it, that sounds familiar. I think i read thay as well. They look a little goofy, but unless they used bad airfoil designs I doubt they're that bad though. The top model uses the aeria ultimate which is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see Andy as someone who fits the wattie ink 'image'. My perception of him is that he's a quiet humble guy, and my perception of wattie being loud personalities with arm sleeves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

what is your statement based on? As the distributor of Ceepo, I can tell you that their frames are just as good anyone's on the market.

And why did we sign Andy and why Ceepo?

Well, some of you may know I have worked with Andy before when he was on the Kestrel 4000. Andy and I have a long history in the sport and we believe that working with a pro like Andy will make both brands successful. As for those doubting the Ceepo product, I've spend many many months in Asia so I know the behind the scenes of most brands. Ceepo fit and finish and quality of the frames is exceptional and even produced in the same factory as some of your "favorite" brands.

Andy and I will also be working with his team and we are working on an initirative to work with the upcoming youths to get them more involed with Triathlons, and have one heck of coach in Andy and special Ceepo bikes for the upcoming kids.

Andy and Ceepo have a lot of plans this year to give back to the sport, offer some special deals at all of Andy's races and we will be supporing all of our Ceepo athletes at races this year.

Here's to the nay sayers, Team Potts and Team Ceepo will be enjoying our partnership in 2018!

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [CEEPO USA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there aero data anywhere on Ceepos? Honest question, just curious

Professional Triathlete and Professional Orchestral Musician. Bikes, Bass, Beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So where is the aero data on these bikes?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great opportunity to post some tunnel data ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [UOTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no aero data that's public. I know the owner's have tested before. Is Ceepo the fastest design out there? Nope, but it's in the ballpark of most of the top brands.

Sponsorship is about relationships and Andy isn't just buying into Ceepo as the product but as Ceepo as the brand, myself, Marc Andre and his staff, Joe Tanaka, and the owners of Ceepo!

Feel what you want but Ceepo was started by Joe Tanaca, a single man who believed in his brand and has built it into a nice family company.

Steven Harad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I’ll have to find the article I read but I think I remember the creator of Ceepo saying he didn’t care about bicycle aerodynamics and created designs based off what he thought looked cool.

Well he failed at that too.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair the newer ceepo bikes these days look a lot better than the previous gen as far as eyeball Aero goes.
But I agree it will be strange to see Potts in wattie ink gear
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know much about the brand but the viper-r looks the same as any other top end bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andy does a lot of PR stuff for his sponsors. He is not the top pro out there, but is still near the leaders.
Retire? He seems to be racing at a high level and is building his coaching name. Transitional time for him.
Ceepo may be his best offer at this point.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries, I purchase my triathlon bike primarily based on speed, it's why Cervelo has such a following. If you want the "slowtwitch crowd" to buy a bike you need tunnel data that proves it's fast. Otherwise, anecdotal ballpark doesn't cut it, maybe make a SUPER cheap triathlon bike like $1000, and cater to the beginnertriathlete crowd. I'm just trying to help Ceepo out, as I see your bikes on massive clearance here in the Ontario, Canada market and no one is buying.

CEEPO USA wrote:
There is no aero data that's public. I know the owner's have tested before. Is Ceepo the fastest design out there? Nope, but it's in the ballpark of most of the top brands.

Sponsorship is about relationships and Andy isn't just buying into Ceepo as the product but as Ceepo as the brand, myself, Marc Andre and his staff, Joe Tanaka, and the owners of Ceepo!

Feel what you want but Ceepo was started by Joe Tanaca, a single man who believed in his brand and has built it into a nice family company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why do care? this is Andy's job he can win on just about any bike.
do you care you offer 25% off 200.00 sun glasses that are really worth 85.00?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone keep in mind that Andy is 40+ now, so he has to plan his last years wisely now. If the Kiley aero shootout showed us anything, it told us that there is very minimal differences in actual bike frames. Much more in actual fit and the things you hang on that bike, he will do fine on his new hog.

And it has been apparent that Andy has been positioning himself for the coaching world, attaching to a team like Wattie's would be a good opportunity to phase out of pro racing and into full time coaching. But who knows how many years he has left, kind of up to him really, look at Cameron Brown, having a great career in his mid 40's. I think Andy has that potential physically to stay on the podium of most his races, thus still making decent money. Even at his advanced age and his troubles doing Kona, he is usually the best American we have over there year after year, with a few accept-ions.

I have said it many times over the years, I consider Andy to be one of the most successful pros the sport has ever seen. He knows how to make money where others just complain wheres the beef? And now it looks like he is squeezing the last bit out of his career with a new lineup, nothing wrong with that..I wish him good luck and do hope he hangs in there like Cameron, Crowie, and a few others racing pro in their mid 40's, and still a factor!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CEEPO USA wrote:
Eric,

what is your statement based on? As the distributor of Ceepo, I can tell you that their frames are just as good anyone's on the market.

And why did we sign Andy and why Ceepo?

Well, some of you may know I have worked with Andy before when he was on the Kestrel 4000. Andy and I have a long history in the sport and we believe that working with a pro like Andy will make both brands successful. As for those doubting the Ceepo product, I've spend many many months in Asia so I know the behind the scenes of most brands. Ceepo fit and finish and quality of the frames is exceptional and even produced in the same factory as some of your "favorite" brands.

Andy and I will also be working with his team and we are working on an initirative to work with the upcoming youths to get them more involed with Triathlons, and have one heck of coach in Andy and special Ceepo bikes for the upcoming kids.

Andy and Ceepo have a lot of plans this year to give back to the sport, offer some special deals at all of Andy's races and we will be supporing all of our Ceepo athletes at races this year.

Here's to the nay sayers, Team Potts and Team Ceepo will be enjoying our partnership in 2018!

I see Joe at so many races across Asia and I know his passion for the sport and his bikes. I also agree the bikes are looking better than they did in the past. I also saw the huge marketing push for Ceepo at Kona this year and really liked it. I think having product support at races is a huge benefit for bike owners; it takes time to build up that track record and build it into the price.

The next step is to design a frame that competes with the top aero bikes. The marketing argument that Ceepo makes that their bikes are faster in triathlon because they are slower, er, I mean more comfortable, on the bike leg just doesn't fly. A fast bike is not by definition uncomfortable, and a slower bike is not more comfortable.

As for Andy Potts....I love this guy, but it's not going to change my mind on what bike to buy. Look at Lionel...how many LGs as he sold? I think that Ceepo sponsoring top amateur riders is a more effective strategy to build the brand and sales alongside the awesome efforts you guys made at Kona to support your riders. Cervelo gave me a t-shirt, but I know they have my back too if I need something fixed last minute at a race. (Saved me twice!) Huge reason to buy a particular brand in my view.
Quote Reply
Re: Potts signs with Ceepo [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If someone would just make a working mans price point Tri disc brake model!! We do not need anymore high end stuff!! If we want to attract new folks, got to have price points that are not for the over 50 folks with money to burn.

If Cervelo would make their P2 a disc model, at the same price point, I might finally have a new bike in my garage.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next