Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only)
Quote | Reply
http://columbusga.craigslist.org/bik/5034496150.html

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only) [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your seat is too high.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only) [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that bike photo-shopped?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Years ago there was a near epic thread shared on ST regarding a hapless bike listed on craigslist. Let's be real, we
all love them.

If memory serves me right the gist of it was that the owner expected to make a profit on his monumental
mistake or at least get his money back.

He basically bought a common Trek road bike and kept Frankenbiking it, trying to make it work for him until he
ran out of money or just gave up (my loss is your gain!).

What made it popcorn worthy for awhile was that the guy got wind of the ST ridicule and showed up here at
ST to defend his bike and Craigslist ad. I believe it had two bike computers for some reason.

Edited to add: That may have been an e-bay ad but still...........

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: May 26, 15 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only) [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a Specialized "I got" tonite, not from Craigslist, but may post it on there. Kit's, Vancouver. I come out of a shop, where my bike hasn't left my sight for more than 10 mins. In that time a creepy dude mid-process of stealing my Titanium commuter bike, just wailing on the heavy gauge 3/8" cable lock.

He used this bike (pictured) as cover, so it took me a few seconds to realize. I grabbed his arm and said "buddy your done here, this is mine you're trying to steal - I'm going to take your picture." So he hops on his bike, I grabbed the carrier in one hand, trying to get my camera in the other. I said, "your not #%$&# going anywhere" He then dropped his bike and ran across the street south on Cypress.

So I took what was left of my lock and cabled it up to this thing. This bike was recently serviced. new cable on it, shifts well. Needs new grips and a seat post /fix. Probably stolen too?? Not sure what to do. This was brazen, and the second time a cable lock cut attempt has been made on the Ti.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: May 26, 15 22:45
Quote Reply
Re: Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
Is that bike photo-shopped?

ikr
It looks like Dr. Seuss wrote a story about a triathlon, and this is the aeromajigger that the racers used...

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The QR Redstone as a commuter. Just the wrong amount of wrong.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/5040986944.html

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Post your weird craigslist finds here (bike stuff only) [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poor Slowman must have cringed when he saw this. I remember when the Redstone came out and I lusted after it. If I remember correctly, the fairing behind the head tube was a carbon fibre gusset, allegedly to stiffen up the front end. He apparently found the BB wasn't the weak link with stiffness, but rather the head tube was.

The rear fairing of the back wheel was clearly where Cervelo got the idea for their original P3. I think the Redstone came out in 94? 95? Either way, it's great to see that someone has re-purposed it rather than scrapping it. Cool to see the Spinergy wheel too. I can't believe it's a series 1 without the rivets. I think all the series 1 must have exploded by now

I have an old QR Special Edition at home. I've been waiting to get time to restore it for wall hanger duty, but before that, turning it into a commuter could use up all the spare 650C tubes and tires I have lying around

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this is bike related. But I was active and still a member of a mason lodge in northern virginia. A lot of the members were also Shriners and a lot of them police officers active and retired. Well somebody stole the motorcade with a couple Harleys. Then posted them for sale on craiglist in another state. Didn't count on some retired police with a lot of time on their hands monitoring the usual sources for stolen goods.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply